zKars

[SOLD] 1971 240Z for Sale. Fresh Restoration.

They are both flow through. The resonator is 2.25 and the muff 2.5. 

No buyers yet. Going to a car show tomorrow out in Radium BC so the 73 still thinks I like it, then will get to proper advertising next week.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wheee! said:

I have some nice tips LOL

If you just had a propane tank hooked to those like the old batmobile, now that would be cool.

• Like 2

Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup now...

image.jpeg

How can you resist not taking this puppy home?

• Like 3

Went out to the shop Thursday morning and discovered a wet spot under the rear end. Now what the hell is going on? I've put a total of maybe 100 km on the car so far.

Turned out to be a leaking side seal on the diff. This will never do. Ripped the whole dang rear end apart and while I was at it did more "detailing". Decide the red diff and drive axles just don't fit the vibe so..

image.jpeg

Here is the seal. Totally ripped up. No idea why. The other side is perfect. Easy enough to change.

image.jpeg

And removed all the grime from the back end. Down to the white paint. Not a hint of any prior undercoating, every  seam is exposed. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I suppose this all should be undercoated, but not until the next owner sees this rustless wonderland.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Tempted to steal a helicopter and fly over to peak at this gem...
Nice work and tip of the hat for the open discussion of issues and repairs! Honest disclosure is always the best policy. You are indeed a true gentleman!

53 minutes ago, wheee! said:

Tempted to steal a helicopter and fly over to peak at this gem...
Nice work and tip of the hat for the open discussion of issues and repairs! Honest disclosure is always the best policy. You are indeed a true gentleman!

There's a big school yard right across the street. come on down!

Thanks also for the kind words. Just always works out best this way. Now if someone would just buy the dang thing before I decide I love it too much to keep it. That blue is growing on me.

• Like 1

Been busy making ads on several sites. Just posted the beast on our datsunclassifieds.com

http://www.datsunclassifieds.com/autos/datsun/1971-240z-series-1-1971-25-000-00-4583.htmlhttp://www.datsunclassifieds.com/autos/datsun/1971-240z-series-1-1971-25-000-00-4583.html

Its on local kijiji and Autotrader.ca as well. Have submitted an ad to zcartrader.com as well.

• Like 1

Well I'm happy (and sad too..) to say this baby is history. She has been sold. Local buyer. 

On to the next project!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, zKars said:

Well I'm happy (and sad too..) to say this baby is history. She has been sold. Local buyer. 

On to the next project!

Congrats, any sneak previews on the next one.

48 minutes ago, zKars said:

On to the next project!

I presume you extracted some sort of blood oath from the buyer in regards to their new responsibilities to this forum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CanTechZ said:

Congrats, any sneak previews on the next one.

Not sure I want to admit what's next. It IS a Datsun, but not nearly as pretty...  

40 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

I presume you extracted some sort of blood oath from the buyer in regards to their new responsibilities to this forum.

It's complicated. We'll see where the car actually ends up.

3 minutes ago, zKars said:

Not sure I want to admit what's next. It IS a Datsun, but not nearly as pretty...  

And how am I going to get any work done this afternoon when you leave us hanging like that. LOL

2 minutes ago, CanTechZ said:

And how am I going to get any work done this afternoon when you leave us hanging like that. LOL

Oh for heaven's sake...

IMG_0365.JPG

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Patcon said:

Jim

That looks like a 510? If so I have questions for you...

510 indeed.  Ask away. Unless you're asking if I'm crazy then I can just say absolutely.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, zKars said:

510 indeed.  Ask away

I will start a new thread. Need to populate the 510 section some. Could use any help I can get...

Jim - congrats on the sale of that lovely Z. Some one is a very fortunate new Z owner.

cheers

Jim, can you click on the "sold" button in the upper right.  I'd do it but wanted to make sure you are good with it.  Thanks.

Mike

• Like 1