WTB - Couple parts for my 280Z - Wanted - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content
Be cautious of scammers! If you are asked to send Zelle, Paypal, or even gift cards it is likely a scam. Be smart and talk on the phone and trade real photos. Check every profile and never do business with a member who joined less than 6 months ago.

WTB - Couple parts for my 280Z

Featured Replies

Howdy,

I am looking for a couple parts for my 280Z.  The original owner replaced the 4 speed transmission with a 5 speed from a 1978, so I am looking to purchase the factory correct shift knob.  Also, I am looking for the plug that goes in the center console, see image below.  I am also looking for the factory plastic door mirror.  Mine has a great mirror, but the plastic housing is cracked. 

Please reach out if you have any of those.

Cheers!
~MattS

test.jpg

Edited by MattSaint
Added part

  • Author

Thanks to a fellow forum member I was able to locate the console plug.

~MattS

  • 2 weeks later...

I have a shift knob...Now it's posted in ebay but I will reduce the price to $100 for it.

Jamal

  • Author

Hi Jamal,

Sending you a private message.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

A big thanks to Jamal for selling me the shifter knob I had been looking for.

Cheers!!!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I've had no luck locating a replacement plastic factory mirror.  Is there anyone out there that can repair them?  Mine has a quarter sized piece missing from the top.  Otherwise it is great shape.

~Matt

I think I have one. Can you send me a couple of pictures of yours to z240@shaw.ca and I root through the mirror collection and see if I have exactly the same one. 

Repair wise, I've had good results with same plastic based expoxy's intended for bumper repair. Easy to sand, nice finish. 

  • Author

Hi Jim,

Thanks for reaching out.

I've sent pictures to the email you provided.  One showing the damage and the other showing the profile of the mirror.

Best!
~Matt

I think this is the same as yours. Seems to be pretty good. Not clean, but not busted!

IMG_2387.JPG

 

IMG_2389.JPG

IMG_2390.JPG

And of course some of you will want to play "what stuff inside Jim's place do we see in the mirror"...

 

13 hours ago, zKars said:

play "what stuff inside Jim's place do we see in the mirror"...

Ooooo,!! Oooooo!! I'll go first.

I see dirt!! .... What do I win?

  • Author

Thank you Jim,  You have email.

Best!
~Matt

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.