IGNORED

I will own my First Z soon

Demo1986

I was going to mention the safety factor also.  So many other families are buying giant SUV's and trucks so that they will be the survivors of the accident.  The Z started as a sports car, light weight and meant to move.  I don't even know why they came up with a 2+2 (no offense to the 2+2 people and their memories).   Aside from just accident survivabilty, there's the distraction factor.  You don't want to be distracted in a Z, awareness is your best defense.  I would not want to get T-boned in a Z by a giant Ford Diesel F850 or whatever number they're up to now.

right and besides its slow low all the high SUV don't even see you while they are FBing or knocking back a starbucks/shaving/texting/makeup/sleeping... Don't want to discourage you but it is a fact of life you learn real quick when you find yourself staring UP at the tail pipe of the truck infront of you. I try to drive mine early Sunday before the dingbats get on the road. when I retire I am getting the heck out of central florida in exchange for a less crowded more driver friendly/fun area. what zed said about situational awareness, one reason why I don't even want a good expensive loud stereo, I prefer to keep the tunes down and my head on a swivel while in town.

Edited by Dave WM

I've only owned trucks and didn't think about how low to the ground I will be in a Z. Good point guys [emoji1303]

I'm a visual dude that needs to see it to make a decision and here's a couple side by side comparisons. Even though 260z 2+2 are rare compared to 260z coupes, will they eventually be worth more then the coupes?
IMG_4314.thumb.JPG.7b30c85e1e09c399fcc19
IMG_4315.thumb.JPG.63438c4102f47872b5071

I'm sure you guys have seen this custom Z. I emailed them to get prices and they can make me a wagon for $75,000+chassis
IMG_3509.PNG.48d75da9b3c4145a0109d9e0b2e
IMG_4008.JPG.fece3717951ced268c7fb8392d4

wow that wagon reminds me of guys that used to do that to old vettes. sorry not a fan. the 2+2 are prob rare since even back in the day they were just not that nice, and besides is suppose to be a GT not a family car. Rare does not always translate to value.  Its rare for good reason.