IGNORED

My 1973 240z Build

mark248am

Hey, decided to post my car build in case anyone is ever googling and just so i could document it and archive it for myself. I'm going to start with my sound system install but i'll back track with other stuff maybe sometime later this week.

z4.jpg

z3.jpg

z2.jpg

z1.jpg

• Like 2

So originally was planning on leaving the sound system as is, there was an old cassette player and 2 old crappy speakers in the back. I was fine just playing cassettes, still had some tapes around like the doors and such. Anyway when I purchased the car one of the rear speakers wasn't working, so i replaced them with two new cheap pioneers. a week or two later the cassette player stopped working, i figured the speakers must have done something to it. 

I tried to find another cassette player on ebay but couldn't find anything that matched the era or at least was affordable. So started researching hidden sound system options and found out about "out of sight audio" but it was more than i wanted to pay. So instead decided to order a pioneer bluetooth radio (MVHX560BT)which is a regular size din just around half the depth. It was compact enough to hide in my glove compartment and not mess with the interior look. 

Since I had been spending a lot of time in the car i decided i might as well upgrade the sound system while i'm at it. I didn't want to spend a lot, I've got my legit sound system in my FJ and wanted something affordable and decent for this car. After a bit of research i ordered front speaker panels from thezcar and went ahead and ordered the following items from amazon:

- Rockford P1650 6.5-Inch 2-Way Full Range Euro Fit Compatible Speaker
- Rockford Fosgate Punch P152 5-Inch Full Range Coaxial Speakers
- Alpine KTP-445U 4-channel Power Pack Amplifier
- DEI 050330 Boom Mat 6.5" Round Speaker Baffle - Pack of 2
- Kenwood KSC-SW11 Compact Powered Enclosed Subwoofer

The install went smoothly, the kenwood subwoofer is tiny and hides behind the passenger seat, didn't even drill it into place, it can't move because of the passenger seat. the speaker panels from thezcar fit perfectly as well and the tiny amp i just zip tied under the dashboard. If anyone has any questions just let me know.

240z-radio-1.jpg

240z-radio-2.jpg

240z-radio-3.jpg

240z-radio-4.jpg

240z-radio-5.jpg

alpine.jpg

pioneer.jpg

6 hours ago, heyitsrama said:

those pictures look nice too, you shooting on a fixed 50mm?

I'm using a D800 with a combination of lenses, for the outdoor shots, the open desert one I used a 14mm, the other two outdoor shots I think were with my Sigma 35mm 1.4 but I cropped into those. For all the interior shots I used the 35mm again except for the two pictures where you can see me hold the amp and pioneer, those were taken with my iPhone. The one attached to this comment was with my 80-200 2.8 lens.

JPEG image-B235BBA3C5D1-1.jpeg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...