Knob under dash - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Knob under dash

Featured Replies

I have a 1973 240z and came across this knob located on the drivers right side. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

IMG_0823.JPG

Purely speculation but it looks like my aftermarket AC temperature knob.  Whats on the back side of it?  On my '74 260z theres just a bolt in that spot.

chiefmd,

I have a 72 Z which has the same knob you described and in the same location.  Mine operates as a dimmer switch for the dashlights.  Presumably, yours has the same function.  Hope this answered your question.

Old Hat

As Old Hat says, it's a instrument light dimmer switch, why anyone with a Datsun would want those lights dimmer is beyond me, can barley see them now.

  • Author

I was thinking it might be a dimmer, just need to check it out. Thanks for all the input.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
3 hours ago, grannyknot said:

why anyone with a Datsun would want those lights dimmer is beyond me, can barley see them now.

You got a nice dark location to put my car during the day? I'll show you my dash lights. You'll never be the same.  :)

52 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

You got a nice dark location to put my car during the day? I'll show you my dash lights. You'll never be the same.  :)

Dark places?  I'll show you mine?  Sounding a bit kinky. ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.