IGNORED

3.4 to 4 psi adjustable electric fuel pump

Car is back in commission from paint shop. Still undecided if i should purchase a 3 - 4 psi electric fuel pressure or use my current 5 to 9 PSI Airtex 8012S electric fuel pump with an Holley external regulator. I read the Mallory COMP 4070LP did the job and was adjustable by its own but they seem hard to find. Any recommendations for an adjustable and reliable electric pump?

Edited by jalexquijano

Many members have reported using a 79-85 Mazda RX7 fuel pump. It's an inline pump and was said to be relatively quiet too. Carter #8566-05276566. PartsGeek sells them for $35.00. No regulator needed. These were used to supply a downdraft 4 barrel carb on the rotaries.

This is my pump. I love it. Makes noise like the others but when I am driving I can't even hear it.

The best part is it bolts directly to the factory pump bracket that came on my Z. I measure 3.5 psi right at the Carbs.

Brand and Specs:    FACET Fuel Pumps

Maximum fuel delivery 36 gallons per hour. Maximum pressure 4 to 5 psi. Typical flow 23 gallons per hour at 2 psi. 1/8 NPT female ports. Negative ground (12v) only. This pump is also sold under Kohler part number 247076. Military NSN number 2910-00-915-4818.

For the higher fuel volume requirements of larger engines (above about 150 horsepower), the high-performance Facet Cylindrical pumps can deliver. This pump is appropriate for engines in the range of 200-250 hp. Pumps can also be combined in series or parallel to achieve any required pressure or flow. Facet fuel pumps have low power requirements (about 1 amp at 12 volts) and operate without troublesome seals or diaphragms. Built-in pressure relief means no flooding after shutting down a hot engine. 

This pump has no anti-siphon valve, so fuel can be drawn through when the pump is off. It also has no internal one-way valve, so fuel can flow backwards through the pump when off (draining back to the tank). An internal 74 micron filter is already installed. Facet pump number 476087 (E). This pump can also replace Facet pump number 476410 (E), 478360 (E), 480516 (E)*, and 480591 (E)*.

Note: The Facet "Interruptor" style pumps now feature reliable solid-state technology instead of points!

FacetP1020814.JPG

Edited by Lumens
spell

is it adjustable?? Meaning i can lower the pressure from 4 to 3.5 psi? Looks desirable! Just want a pump that does not require an additional regulator! I have the one shown Airtex 8012S which advertises as 5 to 9 psi! and do not use a regulator! However when stuck on heavy traffic the car starts to stumble, erratic idle and then bad acceleration, so i have to clean the spark plugs each time i get home as they get black!

Electric Pump Airtex.jpg

Edited by jalexquijano