IGNORED

WTB Diesel Maxima Crank

Matthew Abate

I'm looking for a diesel maxima crank that doesn't need more than 0.01" taken off the journals.

I've found brand new ones in Europe and Japan, but they're running at least $1,500. Craigslist people aren't answering.

Might end up finding a car or engine, but would rather not have to drive forever and pull it myself.

Anyone know a workaround?

• Like 1

Why are  you worried about the material takeoff on the journal? It doesn't materially effect the strength of the crank. Any crank you buy will need crack checking, polishing and possibly turning? All part of the deal.  If you're interested PM me, I have two...

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

Isn't there a 620 pickup with the diesel motor in it?  Seems like @Blue was coming down south to pick one up, Florida maybe?

Sorry all. I did pick up a Nov 1969 L24 in Fla. and drove back to Canada with it.  The plan was to see Steve, you, Patcon, Baddog. Cptn Ob on the way home but due to work we had to high-tail it back.  It has been busy since.

Hopefully will see some of you at Zcon!

I communicated with Matthew about my D crank. 

• Like 1

We'll meet up again someday, I'm sure of it. ;)

I just remembered our conversation.  You bought a truck to haul the 2.4 back to Canada!

After reading a few minutes there was an International Scout and the Nissan Patrol that used the SD33T diesel motors.  I also read the 620 PU had a diesel but it's a 4 cylinder.