IGNORED

Hello from across the pond! Searching for a 240z

Woody928

More news to report in due course however the car hasn't been tuned yet due to the tuning session being aborted. On our first power run to our horror a puddle of coolant was found on the floor. THe engine is leaking coolant between the head and block at high rpm's and is going in to have the head taken off and inspected next week (fingers crossed its only the head gasket).

In my most up to date report both me and the car still went to the Donnigton Historic at Donington Park in the UK (wekk known race track) and just cruised up and back to avoid stress on the engine in light of the above. Its a three day event over the bank holiday weekend in the UK with Historic racing going on covering all sorts of era's with various car clubs in attendance. I attended with the UK ZCLub and we suspect we had the largest single attendance of S30 Z's in the UK for a very long time with 32 seen over the weekend. I appreciate in the states this may be considered low but with only 160-180 240Z's registered in the UK and far less 260Z's and 280Z's known of it was a pretty big deal. I snapped some photos over the weekend and have collated my edited Z pics in the link below for those interested. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/148965131@N05/albums/72157680062638424

More to follow shortly, I'm sure that's enough catch up for now though with all of the above posts :D

21 hours ago, moelk said:

Love your car!

A question: your front lip, was it just a lip or a full valence replacement?

//Andreas 

Thanks Andreas, I quite like her as well :D

It's a full fiberglass valance replacement which has been sprayed to blend in with the body work and giving the OEM Euro/JDM style. I had looked to source an orginal rubber front splitter to bolt onto the original valance however they're really hard to come by these days unfortunately.

Cheers, Mark   

Edited by Woody928
  • Like 1

Woody, I love your thread and pics, and your story is enthralling. A rolling restoration is always fun, as you get to experience the little improvements as you go. Keep your nose to the grindstone and keep pressing forward. Take the small victories to get you through the hard times.  You may make me buy a set of 16" wheels.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moelk said:

Thanks for the info. Will see what I will do.

No worries, seeing as your based in Sweden and not knowing what part availability is like over there for what its worth here is the link to the place where I purchased it in the UK if its of any use. The guy who runs the place is called Mike and is very helpful. 

http://www.mjpshop.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=155_95&product_id=357

2 hours ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

Woody, I love your thread and pics, and your story is enthralling. A rolling restoration is always fun, as you get to experience the little improvements as you go. Keep your nose to the grindstone and keep pressing forward. Take the small victories to get you through the hard times.  You may make me buy a set of 16" wheels.

Thanks dude, glad you enjoying it and thanks for letting me know your still reading. Its the least I can do given all of the advice you all shared with me in the early stages when I was first looking to buy, I'm just sorry its taken me this long to update this thread further. I've tried to do a small bit of translation from my posts on the UK Zclub to make it easier reading. Once the heads sorted and the engine tuned I'll only have one more immediate not so fun job before I can get to the interesting bits like suspension :)

Haha I have to say I really do like them if I was starting again they'd be in my top two albeit I'm still impartial to a set of Watanabes R-type wheels B)

I've also got some photos of some Z's by an old English castle that I'll put up in due course once I've been able to edit them. 

2 hours ago, Woody928 said:

No worries, seeing as your based in Sweden and not knowing what part availability is like over there for what its worth here is the link to the place where I purchased it in the UK if its of any use. The guy who runs the place is called Mike and is very helpful.

Thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

please do!!  Z's are not well represented in Jolly old England!

As promised here's a link to the very few images I took at the event, much smaller turnout by comparison to Donington. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/148965131@N05/albums/72157680936590832

Also here's a picture of me and my dad at the event with our pride and joy :) (weather wasn't the best hence my dad wearing the flying jacket). Castle was very cool. 

34439267922_5ceb20b0e0_o.jpgDSC_0577 by Mark Woodrow, on Flickr

Edited by Woody928
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Woody928 said:

As promised here's a link to the very few images I took at the event, much smaller turnout by comparison to Donington. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/148965131@N05/albums/72157680936590832

Also here's a picture of me and my dad at the event with our pride and joy :) (weather wasn't the best hence my dad wearing the flying jacket). Castle was very cool. 

34439267922_5ceb20b0e0_o.jpgDSC_0577 by Mark Woodrow, on Flickr

Super nice picture with your Dad!

Would that be considered a "moat"?