IGNORED

Which Green paint do I have??

ramsesosirus

I tried to scan old photos from 1986 of my #240 '76, but it looked nothing like the pics.  I then tried to take pics of the pics with my phone and those weren't much better.  :(

The electronic version sucks, but here is my first nice S30 the day I bought it a little over 30 years ago.  I had a few others before this one, but I got tired of dealing with rust and went south to Atlanta for this Z.  I sold it about three years later in pristine condition, but I'm sure it's long gone by now.

IMG_0666.JPG

Edited by Jeff G 78

I've thoroughly hijacked Ramsesosirus' thread.  Sorry about that.  Thanks, Mike, for the pix of your #303-painted Z (nice car, BTW).  I think I see more blue under-tint here than I do for the #240 paint (the #240 seems to have more of a yellow under-tinting).  Looking at the avatar picture of my Z, it looks like at might very well be #303 that was used.  I guess I'll have to get a pint mixed up at the paint shop and do a test shot to see whether I'm right.

7 hours ago, Namerow said:

I've thoroughly hijacked Ramsesosirus' thread.  Sorry about that.  Thanks, Mike, for the pix of your #303-painted Z (nice car, BTW).  I think I see more blue under-tint here than I do for the #240 paint (the #240 seems to have more of a yellow under-tinting).  Looking at the avatar picture of my Z, it looks like at might very well be #303 that was used.  I guess I'll have to get a pint mixed up at the paint shop and do a test shot to see whether I'm right.

Haha no problem, we're all trying to find out the same stuff

The Z's really do look good in green I think.  But my color is definitely not either the #303 or the #240.

After looking more closely under the rear tool compartments, I'm wondering if my original paint was the #240.  If so, the re-spray as actually pretty thorough, as the bottom of the hood, door jambs, under the hood "flaps" (washer/battery) are the same as the rest of the car.  Still, it would be odd for the original stickers to be so old looking...  I wish I could read the "color code" sticker!

Oh well, either way I like the paint I have.  Much appreciation for the comments and photos!  

This picture is an image of a Miata in stock "Highlander Green", which looks really close to what I got.  Might use this as a reference for touch ups/etc...

zzz highland green miata.jpg