front wheel bearings - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

front wheel bearings

Featured Replies

Has anyone posted detailed instructions on how to install new front wheel bearings? Maybe a video or with pictures? Are there torque specs that need to be taken into consideration. I've tried a search but could not come up with anything. Please help. Thanks.

  • Author

Thanks Mud! 

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Have you ever changed wheel bearings on a small trailer (let say boat trailer) it is the exact same. The only

difference is you have to remove the calipers. on a Z car.

 

Goog luck!

 

Jean-P

 

  • Author

Do I need to replace the races? Where can I purchase?

Each bearing comes with it's mating race.  They need to be changed with the bearings.

It's helpful to put the races in your freezer for a while prior to replacing them.

Note when he removes the outer bearing races he says chisel, but uses a punch. I would not want to be banging a chisel inside the wheel hub and risk gouging something. I would use a soft metal like a brass drift to punch with or a regular steel punch but with care to only got on the lip of the race. Same guy has a good video on L engine valve adjustment.

Edited by Dave WM

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.