IGNORED

Lets see your catch can!

zmanoside

26 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Ryan,

That is a slick looking engine bay. Coil packs and triples, love it...

I agree, very nice!  

White hood would get greasy from the K&N valve cover filter I would think.  Maybe Hazmatt will see this and chime in.  He's running triple somethings and also has a white bay.

3 hours ago, RyanT67 said:

Not entirely sure how well this works, but it was already on the car when I bought it and the PO generally seemed to know what he was doing when he set the car up, so it stays.  It does take in a little oil from time to time though, so it saves mess from accumulating elsewhere in the engine bay.  

Basically just rubber lines from the crank case and valve cover meeting at a y-pipe, then running into the catch can.  I had a K&N style filter on there before, but it regularly became saturated with oil, so I switched to a fancy billet Earl's filter, which handles the job a little more tidily.  

DSC04795.JPG

Ok thank you! I was just looking at a pic of your engine bay this morning, when I googled ITG filter for triple mikuni's. Just ordered mine...I was hesitant to setup both the crankcase and valve cover to vent together but if it's working well I will go this route! Super clean engine bay!

I also use a catch can for venting my valve cover, but my install is a little different from the others that have been described.

I used SS braided lines and AN fittings for everything.  I had to drill out and re-tap the valve cover hole as it was too small and not compatible with the AN fittings that I chose to use.  The catch can itself was actually intended for a C5 Corvette and ended up fitting perfectly on the firewall.  I used the bracket that came with the catch can, but shortened it so it would fit in that area.  I then used a long spacer and bolted it to en existing threaded hole in the firewall.  The install works great and matches the rest of my engine bay.  The best part is no more oil residue all over my engine bay. 

DSC_2393_1.JPG

DSC_2394_1.JPG

DSC_2395_1.JPG

• Like 1

Wow, that is one impressive engine bay. Thanks for sharing your setup. I see you have a breather filter on your pcv tube with a little shield on it to catch the oil. That is pretty sweet too. Im gonna try and run them together to a can with a breather on top and see how it goes. Hopefully opening up the pcv that is capped right now will reduce the blowby from the valve cover breather.