IGNORED

Need Help W/ Sr20det Conversion!!!!

rpm-vp

• 1 month later...

what you need to do is buy an s13 silvia sr20det with transmission and uncut harness and ecu

now being the lowest horspower sr20det it is the cheapest (at least in rwd application) but on a 240sx using stock exhaust stock intercooler and turbo everything stock with one of these motors can deliver 250rwhp at 15 psi (15 psi is the top "safe" amount of boost to use on them) if you want more power upgrade to a targer turbo(maybe a t56 or an s15 t28) from the t25 thats on it

upgrade your intercooler to supply that with cold air

updrage to higher fuel injectors(just in a ballpark equation for every 1 cc of fuel you can flow that is one horsepower you can safely provide so if you had 550cc injectors you could safely run 550hp with those injectors upgrade to a 60mm throttle body

fuel rails 3 inch exhaust cold air intake

you would have a fun z

• 11 months later...

I'm fascinated by this conversion. RB's are great motors, there is no doubt about that, but why put a 4 in when you can squeeze a 6? If it's a question of cost, i would have thought that the motor itself would be one of the cheaper parts of the whole operation. Also, is the cost differential really that great between a 4 and a 6? One would have thought that to get the same levels of power you would then stress a 6 less than a 4.

I would also wonder, whilst you'd be able to push the motor's centre of gravity toward the centre of the car, wouldn't this then spoil the weight balance front to rear?

Pleas don't misunderstand, I'm not criticising in any way, I'm just curious.