IGNORED

I Need radio chassis zinc chromate plated

hr369

Usually not that expensive to go to a professional plater. I spoke to someone doing a home kit and they said it was a massive hassle for hobby items like this and they would just outsource because you get a better job done and it's not very expensive when compared to other finishes like Chrome.

Part of the problem with the hobby plater is the larger the surface area the larger power source you need. Also agitation and the shape of the part complicates getting a good even coat on it. I agree, I think it would cost more to ship if you can't get it done locally on the islands than to actually have it plated

• 2 weeks later...

ok so Norm is out of commission from a rollover accident and ztherapy said they send it out to a place in portland.

Any other suggestions? 

I'de like to buy a copy cad kit myself but if someone has a home kit, it would be nice to see firsthand what kind of job the home kits do.

There are some people out there that have upgraded to a larger rectifier and can do bigger pieces like this with their kits.

DIY results were well documented by Grannyknot (c/w lots of pix) a few months back (use the search function).  Additional comments were offered there by Nix240 and Patcon, IIRC. 

While what you want to to achieve is do-able, I think that the phrase, 'Your results may vary' applies here.  A large, angular piece like the radio chassis may offer special challenges because of 'masking' in and around the corners.

3 minutes ago, Namerow said:

While what you want to to achieve is do-able, I think that the phrase, 'Your results may vary' applies here.  A large, angular piece like the radio chassis may offer special challenges because of 'masking' in and around the corners.

Exactly right! It would take a good setup and an experienced DIYer to get decent results

• 2 weeks later...

ok, Norm is back at work. I sent him a box of radio parts. I will post pictures of what he sends back

Now all i need is some white labels this size because I don't think anyone reproduces these yet.

radio-label4.JPG

Edited by hr369