IGNORED

DATSUN 240z Guard Badges

Z Kid

Looking for a set of guard badges to put on my Z (not in a hurry, just keeping my eyes open for a nice set or a well priced new set) but should they be plastic or metal? I have seen both pop up from time to time, but which ones would be strictly correct for the car?

The car is a 73 240z RHD

Guard=Fender

For my money the answer is metal I think. The reasoning is on my body rebuild we found onr of these badges minus one attachment stud buiried in the junk under the wiper schuttle rh side. might have been retro.

cheers

steve:classic:

The thing is, I enquired about a set on ebay from a dealer, and he claims they never came out in metal, which I Know is incorrect, then he said they should be plastic for my car, but having lied to me once, i wasn't about to get taken for a ride, I'd rather know, and get it right first time.

So anyone have a metal badge for sale, or better yet two?

The early cars here in the US came from the factory with metal badges... however, if they were replaced, the only ones available were plastic ones from Nissan. Don't know if this was the case everywhere else in the world....:ermm:

I think they may have changed over to all plastic badges in the later 70's though...

Hey

2Many is right, only the very early cars into Australia would have had the metal badges, the remainder are plastic.

There was a set on ebay last week. They are also available new from Nissan or try Warren at All-Z in Thornleigh, NSW.

Joseph

• 4 weeks later...

Many years ago (1979 or so), I had a 1971 240Z. Sold it in 1981, but I just found a badge from it in a parts bin that apparently I've been carting around the country for 20+ years. It's metal. Nice and heavy. Unfortunately, there's a hole drilled in the center of it. Must have been mounted with a screw when I got the car, and I didn't put it back for some reason.

Aussie '73 - plastic. As are all the other badges, except the automatic & 'C' pillar badges.

But I have a set of "Fairlady Z" badges on my car (metal).

I Think I'll get some "432" stickers made up too....:classic: :classic:

A semi-gloss black bonnet (hood) is also on the cards, along with some 432 flares (they'll be the last item fitted).

It's the closest I'm gonna get to owning the real thing:cry:

I'd rather forget that the car was ever an automatic, so the fact that that badge is missing doesn't bother me too much. DId you get your fairlady badges locally, or from the US, I certainly think ther are a much nicer looking badge, but then you either get all the questions about whats special about this datsun (Assuming they pick it as being a datsun initially) and knobs who do know telling you your car is not what the badges say it is. Gosh life's tough.

CHeers Chris