Do You Wear Driving Gloves? - Page 6 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Do You Wear Driving Gloves?

Featured Replies

Nice Austrian Puch.  How much did it weigh?

Dennis

  • Author

It was just under 20 LBs. depending on which wheels and tyres you were using.

Edited by TomoHawk

I would love to have another road bike but my wife doesn't want me on the road with the texting drivers. We have a cyclist or two get killed around here every year...

  • Author

That's why I quit training & racing myself.  One guy on my team was killed, and another was permanently injured.  I would need a computer to count the number of near-misses, and a couple I'll never forget.

So I converted my turbo to the Minoura ICE system and I can ride miles safely without leaving the house  :P

Edited by TomoHawk

  • Author

If a cyclist or two is killed in your area, then the legislators and LE people aren't doing their jobs well. Plus the drivers are truly st00pid. A cyclist being killed should be as rare as a nascar driver being killed. Obviously, choosing a safe road to ride is important, but everyone must share the roads equally and safely. A careless driver can make a country parkway a dangerous place.

Edited by TomoHawk

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Mittens are for outdoor winter activities.  Driving gloves are for driving, cycling gloves are for cycling, and when you are done with your activity, you take them off.  If I were to keep wearing my racing suit or cycling uniform, I'd keep wearing the gloves- albeit, I'd be wearing the stuff on the right venue.

Edited by TomoHawk

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.