IGNORED

S30 Harmonic Balancer Question

Namerow

9 hours ago, Zed Head said:

The problems seemed to be with fit.  They wouldn't.  MSA tries to address it in the text on the ad page but it's going to take a quite a while.  It's this one, I believe - http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/10-2139

When madkaw says "performance" I don't think he means this one.  That's the brand name.

I remember that, couple of years back one of the members had that damper come apart at speed on the track. I'll see if I can find the thread.

I have the Professional Products single groove damper. Super tight. Could not even get it started. Sitting back in the box

on the shelf. It measured .001 smaller ID than the OEM damper. I plan to hone it half a thousanth and with some heat it should

hopefully go on. After the cylinder head gets finished and back the engine on first.

20 hours ago, Jeff G 78 said:

I haven't heard much good about the MSA dampers.  I believe Guy @Diseazd has some info on them.

Right Jeff...I bought two of the SFI Racing dampers a couple years back. So tight I couldn't get them started either. If you don't line a damper up perfectly, it can drive the the crank pulley key through the oil slinger. I ended up tossing them and installing brand new stock 280 Nissan dampers (still available from Nissan). If they don't fit, the manufacturer should hone them (not our responsibility) to fit the 240 and 280 cranks IMO. The Nissan 280 cranks actually hone a 1/4 inch section so you can slide the damper on over the crank key before you torque it on (very easy alignment). I won't purchase another from Motorsports until they fix the problem which is too bad, because other than fit, they looked like a well made product.