IGNORED

Z availablitity

dozer171

Ok, just wondering all, how available are Z's to everyone to purchase? i know here in NY there's usually not too much of a problem finding a Z in good shape for a reasonable price. i picked up my 78 280 for 1200 bucks and only spent a total (including the car) of 3,000 bucks to get her to a point where i was happy.. that included rebuilding the motor, tranny, stripping paint, body work, paint, suspension....

that 3,000 bucks was before i decided to go over to dell's :love:

In my area, Central Virginia, You see more 55-57 Chevys than you do 240Z's. I honestly cannot remember when I saw a nice 240 on the road. Heck the last 260 that I remember seeing was my own of twelve years ago!!! I heard rumors of a dozen or so 240's in a field near the Martinsville (Va.) Raceway but I havent checked them out for myself. And don't even think about trying to find used parts around here. I really envy all you west coast guys there are so many Z's out there, and most of them are almost rust free at least compared to Z's out here on the east coast.

Even though the collectorcartrader allways seems to have quite a few, I don't see hardly any 240/260's on the road. Lots of 280's and even more S130's. Most of the 240's I do see are parked under a tree, no longer gleaming Fairladies, just tired old ladies. When I hit the lotto, I intend to take a few of them to a spa!

:cry: I am sorry ro report that in Portland Oregon that 240z s are few and far brtween. I still see 280s around and I think that most of the owners are un aware of what they have as a daily driver. It 's sad when I see a 280 that is fairly clean but is being let go , because it is a daily driver and is looked upon as another old car. It is sad. I keep handing out cards and notes to go to classicZcars.ccom and see what they have. There are a lot of 300s and a club , but mosty owners of the 300s , frankly yuppies! Sorry but it's the trooth. the local club is mostly the later cars and I doubt any of them even change the pluggs or get there hands dirty. Gary :cry:

Zs on the California central coast area are EVERYWHERE!!

I'm always seeing 240s and 280Zs whenever I go out and about, especially in San Luis Obispo.

Most of the S130s around here are in pretty crappy shape, but for some reason, the S30s that I see tend to be the survivors.

Here in south texas I have only seen in my life 4 240z's and I own 2 of them the others are in a junkyard. 1 260z I had a chance to buy it but I was 19 and couldn't come up with all they were asking for it.

Lots of 280z's are what I've seen, around here.

Still a Zcar is a very rare sight here. I know the owners of all the 280z's i've seen on the road. I have never seen a 240z besides mine on the road here.

You see mostly all 280zx's if any thing else. Sometimes you'll see a Z31or 32 but

those are rare sights too.

I do see alot, I mean alot of 350Zs.

Almost every time I go to Corpus Christi I see one.

Around here they are few and far between. North East Oklahoma. There are 2 reasons for this around here. #1 around here Import cars are looked down even today. This is coyboy land so.... #2 The city and state use heavy road salt :sick: So the ones that did make it here are long gone:sleepy:

I drove three states for mine. The only other 240 I have seen near me I took home for parts.