IGNORED

240Z Carbon Fiber Interior Parts

palmcomposites

New Parts for Sale: Door Panels, Center Consoles, Fuse Box Covers and Custom Parts on request! 

Introducing a range of interior parts for the 240 Z. See Attached Pictures.

Our parts are constructed of vacuum infused laminates of carbon fiber and UV resistant epoxy for long lasting clarity and durability. These parts are scratch and stain resistant and will not crack or delaminate like the OEM versions. Guaranteed to fit on OEM mounts and last the life of your car. 

Door panels are offered as Half or Full Height versions, with the Half versions intended for use with the OEM panel metal top portion in cars with "two tone" interiors.

Weights:

Half Height Panel: 1 lb 3 oz each (4 lbs 3 oz OEM)

Full Height Panel: 1 lb 9 oz each (4 lbs 3 oz OEM)

Center Console: 13 oz ( ~4 lbs OEM)

Fuse Box Cover: <1oz.

We strive to bring customers modern and quality interiors for their classic Z cars.

Please contact Colin at colinfpalm@gmail.com or through our website: http://www.palmcomposites.com/#!shop/c1jgi

Palm Composites, LLC 

Pulaski, NY

L1040087.JPG

L1040088.JPG

L1040090.JPG

L1040091.JPG

L1040308.JPG

L1040309.JPG

L1040310.JPG

L1040085 copy.jpg

L1040083 copy.jpg

IMG_2465.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wheee! said:

Anything for the 280Z's? Looks great.

Wheee, 

Currently all of our parts are technically 240 specific. I believe the door panels will fit a 280 door geometrically, but the fastener holes and door latch/window roller cut outs are in different locations. I have a set of 240 doors in the shop that are used to check the alignment of these cut outs on each set of panels but I don't have a 280 set or a 280 original door panel to check it against. 

If you're interested post some pics of your 280 doors / panels and i can give you measurements of the carbon panels to see if they fit. The carbon is very easy to drill and cut so putting the correct holes in is not a problem as long you know where they have to be.

Thanks,

Colin

I know most of the colored carbon fiber materials on ebay are actually vinyl, but what colors can you offer?

I have a blue interior including new blue seats and your black material would be just too stark a contrast difference. I was wondering if you had white/silver material and could tint the resin?

Don'know if it's just me but I cannot get any of your web pages to load...

Wondering if you offer a version of the door panels in FRP (fibreglass) instead? CF is not the theme I am planning on going, but I do like the look of the rigid door card.... even if I was to cover it in leather or cloth, it would be a great replacement for the broken door card...

5 hours ago, djwarner said:

I know most of the colored carbon fiber materials on ebay are actually vinyl, but what colors can you offer?

I have a blue interior including new blue seats and your black material would be just too stark a contrast difference. I was wondering if you had white/silver material and could tint the resin?

Djwarner, 

Your are correct that most "carbon fiber" parts offered are in fact molded plastic that is wrapped in vinyl or dipped or printed. It has its purpose but personally I've never seen vinyl "carbon fiber" that didn't look super cheap. Even most "real" carbon parts are made with polyester resin to reduce costs. Polyester is the standard fiberglass workhorse resin but is very weak compared to epoxy so equivalent parts in polyester have to use more carbon and become heavier and in structural applications the polyester resin will fail well before even coming close to the strength potential of the carbon fibers themselves. 

A little off topic but I couldn't resist a quick rant about composites...

I could make you a set in Texalium if you like (silver fabric below). Or they could be made with a carbon / Innegra fabric (giving it a white and black weave as seen below). Tinting the resin is also a option but that would be the most difficult to figure out exactly how much pigment to add to achieve the desired shade of blue. I would hate to infuse a set of panels for you only to have them end up too dark or too light.

Any custom panel can be made really. A change in the fabric type will not change to the price as these "hybrid" fabrics are within a few dollars of each other per yard. Carbon/Kevlar hybrids are fairly common available dyed red or blue or yellow.  

If you are serious about ordering custome panels feel free to contact me at colinfpalm@gmail.com

Colin

carbon-fiber-vs-texalium.jpg

CarbonRedKevlar1.png

SMBlueTwill.jpg

WhiteFGCarbon.jpg

3 hours ago, wheee! said:

Don'know if it's just me but I cannot get any of your web pages to load...

Wondering if you offer a version of the door panels in FRP (fibreglass) instead? CF is not the theme I am planning on going, but I do like the look of the rigid door card.... even if I was to cover it in leather or cloth, it would be a great replacement for the broken door card...

Wheee,

I apologize for the website it never seems to cooperate with everyone. Are you trying to load it on a phone? It prefers a desktop browser (safari, chrome, firefox) for some reason. The website will improve with time.

As for FRP panels I am planning on releasing glass panels as a product soon. It seems difficult to find decent OEM panels or even aftermarket versions at all so I figure I'll be the one to supply that market!

A Full Height set of glass panels would come to about $350.00. This is using the same manufacturing techniques as the carbon versions but using the cheaper and easier to work with glass fabric. A half height set would be around $300.00. I would supply them either raw glass for upholstery or flocking or supply them in a standard primer.

If you are interested in a set more immediately feel free to contact me at colinfpalm@gmail.com

Colin

Colin, you are offering an excellent product at the right price point. I am definitely putting a set of your glass panels on my list as my restoration progresses. The flocked panel actually sounds perfect! Modern look and functionality along with perfect shape and strength.

Mark