IGNORED

1972 280z? With 2000 miles On Chasing Classic Cars 10:00 tonight

djwarner

I think when he was taking it back to the shop he said it was a 1978. Somebody needs to do some fact checking before the show goes on air. I wonder how many mistakes have been made on other episodes. But it was good to see a Z on the show. I wish he had found the 1969 Z that Garage Squad modified and they had "rescued" the 2+2.

Chuck

That must be the same guy in a car show that tried to convince me he had a 1982 280Z.  It was obviously a ZX, but the guy insisted otherwise.  I should have pointed out all the "welding" that was done to his "cracked" intake manifold!

I suppose  those guys think a 1970s  Impala SS has a V8, when it actually doesn't?

Edited by TomoHawk

The on screen graphics said it was a '76. I think some confusion may come from the owner's statement that he bought it, drove it 'til the cold weather came and parked it. Then the license plate is shown with a '78 tag.

For this to make sense, the owner must have renewed the tags a couple of times without driving it.

Edited by djwarner