Gas tank rubber pads - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Gas tank rubber pads

Featured Replies

Anyone know where I can get a set of 4 fuel tank pads? 76 280.

I had them 2 days ago and can't find them anywhere. Need to get the tank back in and start driving.

Thanks.

  • Author

Not to sound stupid but I am not sure where to get dense closed cell foam and at what thickness. Checked Home Depot and lowes but didn't see anything close.

Thanks.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I thought there were two different sizes. At least what I saw on another post. No mention of thickness just that was on thinner section were not as thick as the ones of the deeper part of tank.

Thanks.

  • Author

Checked McMaster Carr and they have a 6"x6"x3/8" thick pad for 4.17 each. I just need to confirm two different thicknesses.

Thanks.

vinyl base molding at home store cut to fit. In flooring dept

Edited by black gold man

  • Author

Great. Thanks. Just need to know what thickness or does it really matter.

I was in the same boat, but ripped apart my storage container and found them. I could send pics and dimensions if it would help.

My car is 359550.

I've used cut up pieces of a truck tire innertube for rubber that is used to isolate two metal parts.

 

Bonzi Lon

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.