IGNORED

260z no start once hot ..all electrical gone when hot

theatriks

When it has been sitting and cool i can start the car right up......

Once i start driving it and it heats up after i shut it off .....it doesnt start ...as a matter of fact i loose all electrical power not even the door chime works !!!!...no click ...nothing!!

After the car gets a chance to cool down ....it will start right up!!!!

The above, the third part about restarting, does not match a blown fuse.  Fuses don't fix themselves when they cool down.

You probably have multiple wiring problems.  The Maxi-Fuse comes from somebody's Maxi-Fuse upgrade which means somebody has been messing with the wiring.  Could be as simple as two wires touching or one pinched to ground.  I would take a good look at all of the Maxi-Fuse block work and fix all loose connections, make sure the wiring matches the factory diagram (or atlanticz's page), and do some work with a meter.  You won't learn anything at all by burning another fuse.

The fusible links are in circuit locations that handle higher currents than 30 amps. That is why the original protection devices are fusible links and not fuses. Regardless of the protection device used the connections need to be clean and tight. When they get old they corrode, get dirty, and loose spring tension, all of these conditions increase resistance and cause problems. Generally, the high resistance not only causes operational difficulties (not start, dim lights, etc.) but also heating of the connectors which exacerbates the corrosion and spring tension loss. Clean and tighten the connections.

ok i will ...when i callled the parts store they just asked what gauge ......i need an 80amp and a 40 amp im pretty sure 80 for alternator and 40 for ignition ...if theres no ratings on these kits at the store i might hold off .....some parts guys dont even know what fusible links are

Edited by theatriks

Fusible links don't carry amperage ratings. They are sized by wire gauge. You need one that is 1.25 mm2 (cross-sectional area in square millimeters), and one that is 0.5 mm2. The factory color codes are black and green respectively. Aftermarket parts might not use the same color codes so choose by the size.

factory fusible links carry amperage ratings ...green was 40 amps and black was 80 amps ...

But everywhere else goes by gauge and from my research black fusible link should be approx 16 ga and the green link should be approx 20 ga

Edited by theatriks