IGNORED

Just scored a Haltech

Chickenman

with everything installed, how must will the total cost be?

Need a Trigger wheel, block off plate and support bearing for dizzy spindle, and coil bracket. Pretty much everything else is there.

A local 510 enthusiast is a machinist and has done some fabulous fabrication on his 510. I'll likely be plying him with lots of beer and such to fabricate some of the things like the pulley mount from Trigger wheel, Crank trigger mount and Dizzy bearing and plate.

Hoping i can finish it off for around $300. So total price should be around $800.

I can do my own install with a bit O' help from friends. One of them is electrical guru and has tuned many NA and Forced Induction cars with Haltech. Mind you, the new stuff is pretty easy to tune. I'm going to be running a MAF system on it with a  Map and a Wide Band. You can put in a base map for the L28 and the system will basically self tune. 

E11 supports Full Sequential injection, Separate coils ( obviously ), Rev limiter, engine fail safe modes and a gazillion other things. Even supports knock sensors and uses the Standard Bosch type. Should be interesting. I just couldn't pass it up at the price....

Probably won't be installing till this winter. I'm going to do some before and after Dyno's later this year. We have a local shop that uses a Dyno-Pak sytem, which is a load cell Dyno and is hub mounted. Extremely good repeatability. This engine seems to have some serious grunt as it is. Will be interesting to see the Dyno figures. 

I'm looking forward to some of the advanced features, including the ability to control idle with a proper PWM stepper motor ICV and the ability to tweak ignition timing maps during warm-up. Nice for lumpy cams.

Right now I've got my dual pickup Fed Dizzy tweaked so that I get additional timing during warm-up. It really helps with 280 cam I'm running. This is on top of the +12 degrees BTDC that I run for static timing ( + 33 Total mechanical at 4,000 RPM ). The ability to easily tune the ignition map on the Haltech is a huge bonus. And WB O2,  MAF, Knock control, Rev limiter etc is pretty sweet as well. .

I'm used to tweaking Motronic systems on turbo VW's and Audi's. The ability to tweak the ignition timing Maps and fuel curves just really improves driveability, MPG and HP.

I'll setup the Haltech to run on TPS, Coolant Temp sensor and RPM till 2,000 - 2,200 RPM. Then I'll have it switch over to Closed loop with MAF, MAP and O2 correction. This seems to be the best way to control engines with " Big " cams. Get over the pulsing induction signal at low RPM's. This works well on the Motronic systems on Big cammed VW's and Audi's .