IGNORED

Stainless Wiper Arms

TomoHawk

I'm confused. 240 and 280 arms are the "same" except for the way the blades mount and the paint on the later ones. Pretty much any generic blades I buy come with several types of mounting adapters. Why not just get some SS 240 arms (banzai, zcarsource, me etc), bolt 'em on and go? Same same.

I think  all is well, basically,

My 280Z arms need a wiper blade that has the pin connection, and you can get those easily enough in the U.S., as you say, they usually come with a bunch of adapters, or you can just buy the one you need.

So all I would need is a set of the stainless steel 240Z arms.

Edited by TomoHawk

The perfect wiper blade for my 240 is the Trico #44-180.  It's just the refills, 2 per pack for $6.99 at O'reilys.  

I tried the refills when I last bought a new car.  You couldn't get the old rubbers out without tearing, and the new ones were about impossible to insert.  I just get the loaded blades now.

Would you really expect someone to polish stainless steel wiper arms so they have a mirror-like surface, or did they  have a somewhat flat or satin texture, say, way back  in the 1960s? Stainless trim like the drip rails  window frames were usually  very polished, but I don't remember what the wiper arms were like.