IGNORED

condenser on coil positive is important.

240260280z

Call me a skeptic, but I think a big cap on the alternator is snake oil. The battery is pretty much like a hugely gigantic capacitor already. I could see some benefit to having a small faster reacting cap located right at the alternator or regulator, but a big expensive chromed one is a gimmick.

Fast-forward to a few months ago when i replaced my rotor/cap and i was surprised to see a condenser mounted near/wired up to my coil with no points in the distributor... The good folks at O'reilly couldn't locate a new one, so i just cleaned the contacts, said some magic words and put it back where it was.

I've been to a few AP stores, and not one of them knew what I was talking about.  I even told the computer guy that it was for the distributor/ignition for a '67 Mustang, and the guy STILL couldn't finf the right part.

Then I remembered that lawn mower engines had them, so I think the next time I need a condenser, I'll go to the law mower store.  that or maybe a Federated or NAPA store?

What are the condenser specs for the L28E?

Edited by TomoHawk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...