IGNORED

Wheeler Dealers 240Z

Mike B

It was interesting to see Wheeler Dealers state Nissan viewed the S30 as a "personal GT car". This is the first time I've heard this.

Was this Nissan's design goal?

Having one of the few remaining Series I automatics, I wonder just how inappropriate is an AT to the GT role?

Personally, I enjoy the AT while driving in suburban traffic. Just wondering when it comes time to move her on, if I should be promoting it as a GT, or let the 240 badge represent itself?

I love my automatic for surburban driving...if I am going on a canyon run or something I will drive the Roadster; but I will not drive the roadster for suburban driving...if that makes sense. 

I do believe that Nissan's goal was to make the Z a personal GT car; a good question to ask Matsuo-san some day. 

Edited by Montezuma

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

EMAIL UPDATE ON THE UPCOMING EPISODE, FOR THOSE WHO DID NOT CATCH THE YOUTUBE VERSION.

Hi Al

I hope this email finds you well. Just to let you know that the Datsun 240z episode will air on Velocity, Wednesday 26th August. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for your kind contribution to the show.

It was a fantastic experience filming in America largely due to the warmth and generosity of those that we had the pleasure to meet and work with during our stay. It genuinely added an great dynamic to the show, I'm sure you'll see that these are some of the best episodes of Wheeler Dealers that we have produced in our ten year history.  

Kind Regards

Andy

Andy Hodgson
Assistant Producer

Attaboy TV
UK Office: Unit 1, 23a Blue Anchor Lane, London, SE16 3UL
USA Office: 18108 Redondo Circle, Huntington Beach, CA, 92648

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just saw a Wheeler Dealer episode on the Velocity channel today, 2 Oct 2016, where they worked on a yellow 240Z.  They did a cam regrind to stage 1, took out the AT and replaced it with a 5 Spd, overhauled the carbs and put in a header.  They showed them driving it before and afterwards.  The DirecTV guide listed 2015, I assume that is when it first aired.  Only English copy I can find is for sale for online viewing, no free viewing that I can find.

In non english, the first 35 min 10 seconds of that show are here: (season 12 episode 6)

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/50923-wheeler-dealers-240z/?page=2

Edited by Mikes Z car
Hopefully fix link that didn't want to work