IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

I don't think the bumper shocks and mounts are designed for that vector.  A lot of weight hanging from a pretty long lever arm.  Might work, but if it doesn't you'll be very disappointed.

Edited by Zed Head

I agree. The stripped chassis is easily supported by the shocks. I did not make the rotisserie and it worked perfectly fine on the car in the video. Couple that with the fact the shocks will be discarded once the build progresses in favour of the replica 240 bumpers.

Pulled the taillights and some interior panels from the hatch area. I am totally blown away that there is no rust and almost pristine spare tire area.... Pics to come. I am thinking that this area will need little more than a wipe down for restoration... I will probably respray the original colour in places, but I was expecting a lot worse...

Small steps. Took apart the front grill area. Most of the screws were seized. Had to drill them out.

Removed the hood, muffler and small engine parts. Now just have to detach the driveshaft... Looks kinda cramped in there!

Sent from my iPizzle ringy dingy device....

Mark, try using some visegrips on the screw heads if the slots strip out. Sounds like you're having a good time!

I tried that on the ones that had visible head room. Most were inset so it was drill them or nothing. Drilling worked fine and was not too bad, just time consuming. I assumed there would be a lot of stripped and rusted bolts. The PO had also replaced a lot of factory bolts with wood screws etc....! Scary.

it is - you have to rotate the propeller shaft to get the u-joint to open up for a wrench. pita, but doable.

I was hoping I could get an impact in there with a u-joint socket... Oh well. Might need to jack the back end up a little higher too. I don't like working with the jackstands maxed out. Luckily I have lots of scrap wood to build some platforms out of. Thanks! :tup: