IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

I used new EV1 connector with the quick release sprinb clip. Had them for more than a year now and no problems. They cost $25 including shipping to the netherlands. Everything I found here in the wrecking yard was old, dirty and corroded.

I made a screen shot of one of the vendors with the same connectors. I asked him to send via USPS instead of Ebays global shipping charges. Savd $5.
Like your idea of making a sub-harness. It will look good with the pallnet fuel rail.

Screenshot_2016-03-11-07-08-11-1.png

• Like 1

I pulled the EV-1 quik clips off a newer Audi. The clips all looked brand new and had no corrosion. Lots of wire to work with so my splices will all look factory when I'm done.

The wrecking yard didn't charge me for the harness, only the injectors! $6.99 each...

The roof is one of those panels that can be hard to get smooth and looking good. If you apply too much pressure the metal flexes and the material doesn't sand off evenly. I have found that using a little more aggressive paper and fairly soft pressure works good. Just have to be patient and keep blocking until it's right. The lower doors skins, the flats on the hood and especially the lower part of the hatch are the same way

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

The roof is one of those panels that can be hard to get smooth and looking good. If you apply too much pressure the metal flexes and the material doesn't sand off evenly. I have found that using a little more aggressive paper and fairly soft pressure works good. Just have to be patient and keep blocking until it's right. The lower doors skins, the flats on the hood and especially the lower part of the hatch are the same way

Good tips Charles!

9 hours ago, wheee! said:

Got the six layers of paint, primer and bondo off the roof last week. What a huge mess and there was no reason for all the layers. The roof was in great shape under it all.

0d7cd898c83fb5299f85b1f3796330ab.jpg

I've spent an absolutely unreasonable amount of time over the past week just trying to get the paint off my tail light panels.  That's a heck of a lot of work you've done! :)

The aircraft stripper eats everything. Did you try it on the bondo? It will turn it to goo. Scrape it off with a putty knife or a wire bursh on a drill. I stripped a whole Z with it. That car had gallons of bondo on it...