IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

On 9-12-2017 at 3:57 PM, Captain Obvious said:

Chas, Thanks for that closer-up pic of the spring.

I think the pic I posted is of your car as well. I had "hoovered" some pics of cars when I was working on fuel line routing and piping, and you had posted a bunch that were quite helpful to figure out how things should be routed. Thanks!!

Well I'll be damned. Looking at your photo I didn't realise thats my car.

Had a quick look through the photos and this one shows the spring connecting to cable yoke a little better.

IMG_0478.JPG

On 9-12-2017 at 7:11 PM, wheee! said:

Added a spring for tension until I find a solution to my park brake issue.
The second picture shows the notch in the yoke assembly for the factory tension spring.

IMG_6300.JPG

Mark, I think the spring connecting to the yoke will give you the best result. That way all the "loose" components will be under spring tension and not rattle.

With the spring connecting to the lever, the yoke will hang loose and rattle like mine did. Talking for experience here.....

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:21 AM, wheee! said:

This is a good place to point out all the support and help I have received from this forum and the great people on it.

This is a great sentiment, and one that I share as well. I've gotten so much help and support from the people here. Thank you all so much!

• Like 1