IGNORED

Nos Original Hardware From Japan Real Chromite Plated!

esprist

We have now selection of NOS nuts and bolts directly imported from Japan.

These are not cad-plated nor yellow zinc. All the hardware that originally came with 240Z cars were chromate-finish.

The highest grade Chromate finished hardware is very hard to come even in Japan.

So far we have:

-Inspection lid clip screw set (Almost Impossible to find the original ones in US)

-Strut tower nuts and lock washers

-Rear hatch + screws with special locking washers

-M6 bolt kit to cover most areas.

-Luggage strap screws and storage lid screws

-Door lach and dove tail screws and special locking washers

If you have any other recommendation, we will import them directly from factories in Japan.

Take a look at our hardware available today!

http://jdm-car-parts.com/collections/hardware-parts-nissan-datsun-fairlady-z-240z-260z-280z-280zx

• Like 1

These are not cad-plated nor yellow zinc. All the hardware that originally came with 240Z cars were chromite-plated.

Some confusion here it seems. You mean Chromated, surely?

'Chromite' -  FeCr2O -  is a mineral.

I have an original (Japanese) document which clearly states that the substrate for most of the steel fasteners and other parts on 'our' cars in Zinc, and that this was quite often coated with an additional (Chromate) layer of passivate for protection, which gave it that characterisitic 'gold' finish.   

• Like 2

Some confusion here it seems. You mean Chromated, surely?

'Chromite' -  FeCr2O -  is a mineral.

I have an original (Japanese) document which clearly states that the substrate for most of the steel fasteners and other parts on 'our' cars in Zinc, and that this was quite often coated with an additional (Chromate) layer of passivate for protection, which gave it that characterisitic 'gold' finish.  

You guys are very right.

I was pulling the Japanese-English dictionary and picked up a wrong word, since they spelled it in Katakana "Kuromaito". 

I edited my post to "chromate"! 

Anyways, these are very hard to come by even in Japan.

Thank you!

• Like 1