IGNORED

What Are These Made Of???

texasz

texasz,

I agree with 2ManyZs and JEFF, those wheels are not an original Z wheel but they are the right age to match any 240Z you like and they should be cast alluminum probably 14x6 or 14x7. The plus with these wheels is they are super strong and are great for motor sport off road.

My 2c

Cheers

Steve:classic:

Then if these were not stock were they a dealer option? I have seen these on dozens of Zs which just made me figure that they were stock.

So everyone seems to be voting aluminum which would make then good for racing since they are lighter than steel. Right?

I'm asking because I am looking for a Z to buy and would want two sets of wheels, one with street tires and one with my race tires and would of course want the ones for racing to be light whereas the ones for the street would not matter (except for looks).

Dealer Option is correct. When the Z cars hit the car lots here in the states the dealers could not keep them in stock!! SO.....

Lets make a few extra bucks on these cars...... replace the stock steel wheels with the mags and jack up the price !!! That is the true story. Exelent rims by the way.

- Jeff