IGNORED

Wanting to Carb swap my L28? Is this a good deal?

I new to the Datsuns but admired for a long time, my FI is HACKED up by the previous owner. I always liked mechanical over computers etc. I found these is this a decent price for a set up? even if they need rebuilt? Datsun 260z Twin Hitachi Su Carburetors w Manifold Heatshield | eBay

Pros and Cons of Hitachi's?

I have the n47 head, car is a 77 280z. Thanks for any help. I already like this forum more than the first one i joined! Lots of info.

IMG_01611_zps3074a125.jpg

That may be a good price but they aren't the carbs you want. Almost everyone uses the round top carbs. Earlier vintage & very adjustable. Bruce at ZTherapy would be a great person to advise you. You don't want to end up with nice shiny carbs w-worn throttle shafts.

I agree with Mark. If you are going to ditch the injection, you will want to use the '70-72 carbs. The difference is not just performance, but drivability. Unless they are extensively re-worked, the '73-74 carbs are prone to all manner of drivability problems - lean surge, hard hot start, vapor lock, etc.

I wrote a tech article on this topic years ago, but it should still be current for the most part.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/tech-pubs-howto/21574-fuel-injection-su-carb-swap.html

You guys are out of salem? do you have a shop people can come to? i live about 40mins away. how much would a whole set up run me you think?

We will have our "fun filled action packed" display at Canby next weekend signing autographs and kissing babies...... Welcome to Datsuns Northwest for info. call me or come see us at Datsun Driving Canby Fun. There will be Z cars there with our setup so you can see just how simple this lash-up is......

We will have our "fun filled action packed" display at Canby next weekend signing autographs and kissing babies...... Welcome to Datsuns Northwest for info. call me or come see us at Datsun Driving Canby Fun. There will be Z cars there with our setup so you can see just how simple this lash-up is......

Cant tell by looking at the price guide, whats general admission if any?

I have a 260 with early SU's and a 280 with FI. An FI system in proper working order is nice for a street Z, but I love the simplicity of my SU car. It fires right up and runs great. If you go with a ZTherapy setup, I'm sure you will be happy. If you ever decide to add a performance camshaft, the stock FI will be very unhappy while the SU's will work great with minor tuning.