IGNORED

1972 240Z Lemon/Lime Tulsa, OK $8000

dww

won't drive, huge dent in hood, rear wheel wells need to be replaced.... NO way this is worth 8000 dollars.

I always find it funny how many people rebuild engines and then 1000 miles later store the car for 20 years.

Unless you want a HUGE project, avoid this car. If this car were 2500 I would say got or it, but 8000 dollars you can buy a running driving Z. At least I think you still can.

I think the gentleman's sentimental attachment to the car has inflated the price. I like the history of it--the PO of my 240z owned it for 34 years--but I paid half that price.

The clutch could be stuck to the flywheel from sitting for so long, or the slave needs to be bled. The very very most I would pay for the lemon lime Z is $4000, without being able to test drive it.

I think in the $5,000-$7,000 price range you can find a decent Z car with most mechanical details sorted, some upgrades, some things that need attention, etc.

Thank you for your input. I will probably adjust the price substantially. I had seen some on Ebay going in the 15-20K range and did not think there was that much work to get it there. If there is interest I can justify going back for a few days to get it cleaned up and running (I am 500 miles away from the car).

I paid $2500 for my Z although a 75, it was running well and I drove it 110 miles to get it home, had nice paint and decent interior. I wouldn't pay more than 25-2800 for this one, just my 2¢.

Agree with everything said above. I sold my Lime Z for $4800 which considering all the work I did and everything left to be done, that is what it was worth. That car in Oklahoma is worth no more than $2K. There are too many other Z cars out there for better prices. He will have this one for awhile.