IGNORED

78 No-Start w/out Fuel Priming

rossiz

thanks for all the kind responses - and i completely spaced on the fact that there's actually a drain plug on the gas tank! duh... much easier than filtering the poop out one fram G3 at a time. will definitely do a drain/clean when the tank gets low.

no worries on the radiator - i have no problem dealing with issues i can see/understand/resolve with a simple repair/replace, all part of the fun.

btw: i had to replace the 6-gang plug & spade terminals for the efi relay and picked up the parts here:

OEM-Type Bullet & Spade Electrical Connectors for 1960's through 1970's Japanese Vehicles... Bridgestone, Datsun, Hodaka, Honda, Kawasaki, Landcruiser, Suzuki, Tohatsu, VW, & Yamaha

great site with all the plugs/connectors for our cars (and old bikes!) and very nice quality. i got a kit which comes with tons of terminals and various paired plug shells, plus a very nice crimping tool - leagues ahead of the hardware store variety. it gives proper, factory crimps including the extra "wings" that grab the insulation for a solid connection. i'm going to replace a few of the sketchy connections on the passenger side firewall that were pretty green from a (formerly) leaky set of heater hose connections.