IGNORED

Best coil for E12-80 dizzy?

siteunseen

stay away from Accel products.

Would a Flame Thrower like you have on your '77 be a good one?

Like this one with the lowest ohm 0.6, http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/pertronix-pertronix-45001-flame-thrower-ii-coil-45-000-volt-0.6-ohm-chrome-45001/10110876-P?searchTerm=flamethrower

Edited by siteunseen

It works fine but the chrome rusted. Maybe get black.

You mean that's some kind of "There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply.", chrome? ;)

Thanks Blue. I watched Old School last night, thought of you and L'dOL when Frank the Tank screamed "Blue!, you're my boy!"

If you want to match the Nissan system specs. then about 08. - 1.0 is the range. You want to match the coil's resistance with the module's. Lower resistance might give a stronger spark but it will put more heat in to the ignition system since total resistance will be lower. Hotter coil and hotter module. There's probably room in the Nissan engineer's design safety margin for lower resistance. Your dice.

Copied a picture from the 1981 FSM.

post-20342-1415082877883_thumb.png

Edited by Zed Head

I believe Zed is right and you want around 1 ohm. My coil was for the stock ZX dizzy. I thought my flamethrower was giving me fits and I bought an OEM coil to troubleshoot. The problem was my carbs and I didn't need the coil at all.

No tach issues

You guys are great!

I went to check the junkyard distributor once more before I put it in. Took the vacuum advance dash pot set screw loose to see how easy it would push back and forth. Found a BB. Damn! I was already primed for auto maintenance too, I gave it a nice spa treatment instead. It was drinking wax like I was drinking beer. We both had a good time.

post-24724-14150828781316_thumb.jpg