IGNORED

My Datsun 280Z "Rustoration"

HaZmatt

Any more feedback on the coilovers? Do you still think you needed more camber adjustment than the standard 3 bolt tops?

I want to use the three bolt top cross brace too so I am thinking of sticking with the three bolt.

Add to that the TTT front and rear adjustable control arms and traction kit with roll centre adjusters and I think I will be fine. Thoughts?

28 minutes ago, wheee! said:

Any more feedback on the coilovers? Do you still think you needed more camber adjustment than the standard 3 bolt tops?

I want to use the three bolt top cross brace too so I am thinking of sticking with the three bolt.

Add to that the TTT front and rear adjustable control arms and traction kit with roll centre adjusters and I think I will be fine. Thoughts?

I think you will definitely be fine, I only had to slightly adjust the camber on my rears just a little bit to clear my tires. I could go more if I needed. Im very happy with the coilovers, they give me the adjust-ability I needed and the stance that I wanted. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2016 at 11:34 AM, rcb280z said:

Ain't that the truth. I have inspiration, just not the funds. I'm sure we are talking 20 plus grand, no?

Umm, I stopped counting after 30k. :blink:

I even got a good deal on paint and body work, did the rust repair and pretty much everything else myself. I did spend a good chunk of change on the motor though...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rcb280z said:

:blink:! Holly spotted cow Batman. Well, when you look at any sports cars worth a damn they are a lot more than 30K. So its really not bad. Plus the simplicity of it. You can fix anything that goes wrong with what you have without paying a mechanic with an arm and leg. 

Thats true, I will be able to fix/replace anything on the car other than inside the motor. Thats where I leave it to the pros.

Even though I will probably never be able to sell it for what I have in it, I'm still very happy and lucky I got the opportunity to go through the entire build process. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone, it's been awhile. Just thought I would update this thread with a couple small things I did to the Z today. First I bought some chrome door edging for my headlight covers. i think they turned out pretty good. 

Before:

20160518_194325.jpg

After:

20160518_195728.jpg

20160518_195742.jpg

It makes these cheap headlight covers look....well...less cheap.

Also found a set of real Watanabe center caps for my not so Watanabe wheels. They were silver so I painted them black. I will post installed pics tomorrow, must be patient to let paint dry.

20160518_195817.jpg 

• Like 2