Engine temp gauge no worky - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Engine temp gauge no worky

Featured Replies

Only thing that has changed is that I got rid of my dizzy and coil since going with Megasquirt. Voltmeter on the sensor wires gives an erratic volt reading. I tried looking at the schematic and it's not making sense. Maybe gauge when tits up, but the timing of this issue makes me think it's something I did.

Any clues?

First thing I'de check is the integrity of the wire crimp on the bullet connector that goes on the temp sensor. Pull back the outer clear (well, used to be clear... now yellowed) boot and have a good look and maybe replace the connector. The wire strands get corrosion buildup inside and maybe only a couple of strands are barely hanging on. Same for the starter trigger connector.

  • Author

I have a newer sensor that has a screw to clamp down an eyelet wire end. All is tight. So I can wire up an aftermarket ECU, but can't figure the temp sensor-I guess I need to get chasing wires.

  • Author

Gauge now works - I don't know why -sorry guys

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
Gauge now works

My temp sender was intermittent. Would occasionally alternate between normal and open circuit. Some days, it would be fine, and other days it would be flaky. Replaced the sender and problem went away.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.