IGNORED

keep blowing the fuse for the dash lights/tail lights/park lights, Please help.

oldfart76280z

On 11/15/2018 at 10:48 PM, jalexquijano said:

Im having this same problem. My car has dave irwin parking light upgrade harness which keeps blowing the 15 amp fuse foun inside the fuse holder of the circuit. Should i take the harness out from the equation to eliminate the combo switch could be faulty or should i check all the parking bulbs first?

Pull your side marker lights and make sure there isn't any bare wires. I don't think it would have anything to do with the harness that has a fuse, because all that plugs into your factory plug.

43 minutes ago, oldfart76280z said:

Pull your side marker lights and make sure there isn't any bare wires. I don't think it would have anything to do with the harness that has a fuse, because all that plugs into your factory plug.

Rust in the socket was the cause. Now back in commission. Should i purchase a pair of these lamps from amazon and replace them?

20181116_134133.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jalexquijano said:

Rust in the socket was the cause. Now back in commission. Should i purchase a pair of these lamps from amazon and replace them?

20181116_134133.jpg

I would just use a dremel to clean the rust out of the socket and maybe buy a new rubber gasket, if your rubber is getting hard or cracking. 

Im having this same problem. My car has dave irwin parking light upgrade harness which keeps blowing the 15 amp fuse foun inside the fuse holder of the circuit. Should i take the harness out from the equation to eliminate the combo switch could be faulty or should i check all the parking bulbs first?

The path of least resistance, no pun intended, is to get a pair of new marker lights. If you clean out the rust, it wont stay that way long with all the rain you get in Panama. The new ones will have intake zinc coatings on them to help them last.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

The dashboard lighting lasted just some minutes. I guess one or both of the rear red markers must also be rusted and shorting the circuit

Unplug all the running lights. Replace the fuse. With the lights on, see if the fuse will hold. If so it in one or more of the disconnected lights. Then plug in lights one at a time, waiting between each one. When you get to one that blows the fuse, repair / replace it and do the next one

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Unplug all the running lights. Replace the fuse. With the lights on, see if the fuse will hold. If so it in one or more of the disconnected lights. Then plug in lights one at a time, waiting between each one. When you get to one that blows the fuse, repair / replace it and do the next one

Running light or amber front and red rear marker lights? I want to avoid opening the steering column cover to unplug the parking light harness and plug the combo switch directly.

5 minutes ago, jalexquijano said:

Running light or amber front and red rear marker lights? I want to avoid opening the steering column cover to unplug the parking light harness and plug the combo switch directly.

You can unplug any you want. Unplug them at the fenders and corners. Leave the column alone. Once they are unplugged and the lights will stay on then you know the issue is down stream. Add them back and see where the problem lies. Easy, peasy

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Patcon said:

You can unplug any you want. Unplug them at the fenders and corners. Leave the column alone. Once they are unplugged and the lights will stay on then you know the issue is down stream. Add them back and see where the problem lies. Easy, peasy

Another one on the rear really rusted. Ive seen the replicas but i dont rely on thailand quality. Any other options or restoring these ones?

20181118_104844.jpg

27 minutes ago, jalexquijano said:

Another one on the rear really rusted. Ive seen the replicas but i dont rely on thailand quality. Any other options or restoring these ones?

20181118_104844.jpg

That one is beyond restoration. You can find some good used ones or buy the Asian reproductions. Repros are still better than shorted lights

• Like 1

On 4/15/2017 at 3:08 PM, oldcarlover said:

I also pulled and cleaned combination switch, nothing appears corroded, loose or broken. Also did ground test at combination connector, GL to GW and it shows grounded past switch, do I assume switch is good, in advance thanks for the help, I have worked on many old vehicles, this is first Z . It is my sons and I am trying to get street legal for my son when he returns from Marines. This was a project of his before he signed up.

22 hours ago, Patcon said:

That one is beyond restoration. You can find some good used ones or buy the Asian reproductions. Repros are still better than shorted lights

There are some people on here who have orginal parts for sale, I bought a throttle control sensor. But I had to send USPS money order first, after he received the money order, he shipped my part. I wish I would have written down his information, because we kept in contact through text messages. Maybe make a post looking to buy side marker housing. But you need new rubber gaskets. You may be able to buy parts here, www.zcardepot.com ,I hope this helps.