IGNORED

[2014] What did you do to/with your Z today?

Arne

Keep us informed, I'm going to have to replace mine as soon as the weather warms up.

I'm thinking of just tapping the center of the bolt that's stuck in there if it still won't back out and run like that until I can pull the engine and have someone do a "welded nut" extraction on it.

With the help of a couple of great people, I changed the front struts, springs and ball joints. I used the Chevette springs, cutting 2.5 coils. It looks like I need to cut 3 in the front. Next week will be the rear springs & struts.

Pulled my tach for some cleaning and my speedo to replace the mph plate for an km/h (good way to practice on your cursing). Then i put my new wheels on. Also i had the tokico illumina and springs installed during the winter.

post-23183-14150828081364_thumb.jpg

post-23183-14150828081867_thumb.jpg

Finished installing all new cooling hoses in my neighbor's 72' 240Z, along with a new heater valve. Not hard, but not a "comfortable" job with your head down in the foot well. Her temp control wire was broken, so I had to replace it with music wire from the local hobby store.

Now I just need to troubleshoot why her fan hasn't worked for 15 years. Plan to start by testing if the blower fan operatess using my 12 VDC battery charger.

Pushed Z out of garage, flushed coolant and added DI water. Pressurized Accusump to check for leaks. Added 11 qts of oil, yeah that's correct. Turned over engine until oil pressure went up, then started engine. Run until water temp was 160, opened Accusump, closed and shut off engine. Added 2.5 more qts of oil, topped off radiator, restarted and put Z back in the garage.

Connected the battery, removed the coil wire and cranked it to circulate the oil, connected coil and started her up. Backed the Z out of the garage. Turned on the hot & cold water in the garage (it was 50 degrees out), and washed all the dust off. My Son washed the Fairlady too, and he took some pics.

Had too many stupid little toggle switches and needed one more, so I made a panel that fits under my ashtray.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70671[/ATTACH]

Secret racecar!

Clever,_Where are the oil slick and ejection seat switches?