IGNORED

Refreshing your windshield washer bottle!

JLPurcell

Jerry, I used basically the same formula ( minus the Glycerin and Xanthan Gum ) on an oil tank for a motorcycle I'm currently restoring. I did a total immersion set-up on my project and I'm very happy with the results, especially since there are no repo tanks available for these bikes and nos one are like bigfoot..... you hear about them but rarely are they seen! LOL

post-10534-14150825746097_thumb.jpg

post-10534-14150825746687_thumb.jpg

post-10534-14150825747175_thumb.jpg

Dan, you are correct Banzai Motorworks is selling reproductions for $195.00. That is where the reproduction label and new washer motor came from for my refresh project. I have one of his reproduction washer bottles as well. I have to say that it is nice to have the reproduction available, and I was one of the first to buy one, but I prefer the refreshed bottle. The reason being that with all the effort of an accurate reproduction the plastic in the reproduction is of a different appearance. It is less translucent and has a rough texture. In the spirit of full disclosure, I refreshed a bottle, I purchased a reproduction, and being on the quest for the best my car can be I have just purchased a NOS bottle and forked out the big bucks in the end. But the refresh or the reproduction are viable options. JLP

Jerry, I fully understand, and that is good information about the reproduction bottles. I just bought a set of the very early NOS door weatherstrip WELTING (big bucks) on ebay. Although my welting was Nissan, and correct, (same as kats has on his blue 240z) it was the later welting. The early welting (first time I have ever seen the early welting anywhere) has a little smaller cross-section profile and a slightly bolder texture.

Each door also uses two separate pieces of welting, an A and a B section with the ends cut on a 45 degree bia for a perfect fit. Now, every morning I just sit in the car admiring my new, more correct, welting.

So, I totally agree, Jerry. There is really nothing better than NOS when you can find it.

Dan

Edited by AZ-240z

Ok I see you are using a solution developed by the computer forums commonly referred to as Retr0bright to reverse the yellowing of plastic in old computer consoles. The breakdown and explanation of this concoction can be found at Retr0bright - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for those looking for the recipe.

Edited by Webmanic70

Ok I see you are using a solution developed by the computer forums commonly referred to as Retr0bright to reverse the yellowing of plastic in old computer consoles. The breakdown and explanation of this concoction can be found at Retr0bright - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for those looking for the recipe.

Yes, the formula was originally from LifeHacker and posted on this site in an earlier thread on "cleaning water bottle".

Retr0Bright Restores Yellowed Vintage Plastic to Factory Fresh