IGNORED

Outer Rubber Molding for the Side Windows

Healeyalt

The BD catalog lists "molding and seal" for both coupe and 2+2. I don't understand why the 2+2 is $20 and the coupe is priced at $50.

Makes me think someone made a mistake and reversed the price. Although the early 240 is priced at $50.

Healeyalt, if you order the squeegee for your 2+2 let me know what you get . Thanks, JCV

The BD catalog lists "molding and seal" for both coupe and 2+2. I don't understand why the 2+2 is $20 and the coupe is priced at $50.

Makes me think someone made a mistake and reversed the price. Although the early 240 is priced at $50.

Healeyalt, if you order the squeegee for your 2+2 let me know what you get . Thanks, JCV

jcb and healyalt -

I checked the BD site, the current parts offered are the same as when I purchased. No explanation for the difference in the coupe and 2+2 prices. Note that all are listed as "molding w/seal" so you are getting new stainless trim with a squeegee installed. The early 240 item at $50 each is exactly what I bought. Some searches on this site may turn up discussions where others found just the squeegee product elsewhere.

Edited by jfa.series1

jcb, I do plan on ordering them from BD but not for a month or two. I'll let you know what they send me.

One of the downsides to ordering from BD (Long Motor Corp parent company), whether its for my Z or from LMC truck for my BII, if you call them for any additional info or descriptions, they really don't know anything other than what is listed in the catalogue, unlike MSA which does have more knowledgeable sales people that know their products.

Great write-up Blue. I do plan on doing the fuzzy side in the very near future, very helpful info.

Thanks

Gary

The link that Blue has provided came in shortly after I wrapped up my car but it turns out to be an exact match for how I did my replacement fuzzy strips (great minds think alike? LOL).

A big caution for anyone going this route: the fuzzy strip is very close to the glass so it is critical that the pop-rivet be very well seated into the fuzzy material. It helps to actually tweezer out a bit of material (i.e. make a small well) after the hole is drilled to ensure the rivet seats as deep as possible. After the rivet is in, check for any burrs or sharp edges that might scratch the glass.

• Like 1

You can find the rubber only listed at Datsunlandsocal.com for $58 for the pair but for the coupe only. I then found a thread that said that they do not fit very well. Because of that thread I have not ordered from them. They also list the fuzzy strips for $38 a pair. JCB

Edited by jcb

Hi jcb (and others); I did order the $20 for each (plus $10 for shipping of course) side window moldings from BD for my 2+2 and they showed-up yesterday. They are the complete unit (metal trim plus squeezee), however, the metal is so cheap looking (I'm not sure if it is light-weight cheap stainless or lighty chrome plated) and flimsey, I'll be taking off the rubber squeeze part and transfering to my old stainless trim piece, which is what others have done (now I know why).

But anyhow, if the rubber squeeze could be cut to length for you guys with coupes, you could order it this way getting both sides for about $50. Gary

Hi jcb (and others); I did order the $20 for each (plus $10 for shipping of course) side window moldings from BD for my 2+2 and they showed-up yesterday. They are the complete unit (metal trim plus squeezee), however, the metal is so cheap looking (I'm not sure if it is light-weight cheap stainless or lighty chrome plated) and flimsey, I'll be taking off the rubber squeeze part and transfering to my old stainless trim piece, which is what others have done (now I know why).

But anyhow, if the rubber squeeze could be cut to length for you guys with coupes, you could order it this way getting both sides for about $50. Gary

Thanks for that info. Does the rubber look OK as far as matching the old piece? Thanks JCB