IGNORED

Springs....Eibach oor Tokiko or what?

I am just about ready to order the Illuminas. Not good news, hopefully they figured something out soon.

I'm searching and calling... MSA, Blackdragon, the Z Store... and a bunch of other guys that Google sends me to - all out of Tokicos. The North American distributor went bankrupt.

Anyone have other (adjustable) shock options or a line on some Illumina shocks that someone stocks? There's got to be a set on a shelf somewhere. Maybe I need to expand the search to Europe, Asia or South America.

For the HP's (maybe the Illumina's) the rear 3013 shock is the same as the 3012 front except with a pressed on extension tube. You can knock the extension off of a 3013 rear and have a 3012 front.

And they might both be 3038's, although I'm not 100% positive. It might be the 3012 and 3013 gland nuts that are different. The part numbers seem to be for the package of shock and gland nut since the gland nut is car specific. If anyone has 3012 or 3013 Tokico's they'll probably notice a sticker over the 3038 base number painted on to the shock. Or I might just have a weird set of modified 3012's and 3013's. Pretty sure that I've seen John Coffey comment on this before, but confirm info before using.

Edited by Zed Head

For the HP's (maybe the Illumina's) the rear 3013 shock is the same as the 3012 front except with a pressed on extension tube. You can knock the extension off of a 3013 rear and have a 3012 front.

Good info! I just ordered 4 front HP's from Amazon and Ebach lowering springs from MSA.

You realize that I said the rears have the extension? If you ordered four fronts, you'll have two short shocks and two that fit right.

You've been mixing front and rear in your posts (you said you could get fronts for the rear in #27), so maybe just another typo.

Anyway, good luck.

You realize that I said the rears have the extension? If you ordered four fronts, you'll have two short shocks and two that fit right.

You've been mixing front and rear in your posts (you said you could get fronts for the rear in #27), so maybe just another typo.

Anyway, good luck.

Good catch, all just typos in my post. I did double check my order though, I ordered 4 rears, so I'm good. They should be at my door Thursday. Thanks again!

Make sure you check the parts as soon as they come in. My HP's might be older and they could be welding the extensions on now. But I doubt it. The tight press-fit works fine.

Here's a thread from Hybridz where one of the race guys says he has 3038's on the corners. My HP's are labeled 3038, as I said above. BZ3038 is the Illumina.

The Strut thread - Koni / Illumina / Tokico / Carrera / Bilstein / Ground Control - Page 2 - Brakes, Wheels, Suspension, and Chassis - HybridZ

Make sure you check the parts as soon as they come in. My HP's might be older and they could be welding the extensions on now. But I doubt it. The tight press-fit works fine. Weird that Amazon even has any available since everybody is looking for them.

Here's a thread from Hybridz where one of the race guys says he has 3038's on the corners. My HP's are labeled 3038, as I said above. BZ3038 is the Illumina. Post #25.

The Strut thread - Koni / Illumina / Tokico / Carrera / Bilstein / Ground Control - Page 2 - Brakes, Wheels, Suspension, and Chassis - HybridZ

Heads up guys. Amazon says they have 6 Tokico HZ3013 HP Rear struts left. This might be the only performance struts we can get for awhile. Andy's Motorsports has KYB GR2's which are suppose to be the performance KYB strut, haven't seen any reviews on them though.