'70-'71 240Z Wanted to Buy

texasz

I am looking for a '70-'71 Datsun 240Z. Minimum requirements are:

-minimal to no rust

-all or nearly all parts accounted for and included

-running or require minimal effort/expense to get running

-interior should be in fair condition

Ideal candidate will have also have the following:

-ENGINE: an '81-'83 L28 non-turbo motor (this will have flat top pistons) which will be an F54

-HEAD: an '81-'82 P90 head (Does this head have brass rings?)

-CARB: round top SU carbs

-TRANNY: a '77-'79 5-speed

-REAREND: a R180 3.9 from a non-turbo car

Acceptable cars will meet at least the minimum requirements and may have some of the additional features listed under the ideal candidate. The closer the car is to Austin, TX the more I will be able to spend on it and conversly the further away it is the less I can spend on the car as the cost of retrieving/shipping it increases. Detailed descriptions and pictures are requested. I have a budget that MUST be held to so if you want more than a couple thousand for your car please do not reply as this is beyond what I have been allowed to spend on this toy.

I know that these cars exist which are close to my ideal specs and within my budget, I have seen some just this month but have been just a little to late.

hello texas z. i have decided to sell my 71' 240.. The car is running but needs work. i have used it the last year as a daily driver. the clutch has gone out , and the front break lines need to be replaced. Seats are in ecellent condition, steering wheel recently restored. has a Panasonic MP3 player installed. i am located in Oklahoma City, i am looking to get 1,000$ for it. just let me know if your at all interessted.. i have pics.

Mike

The front bumper is all bent up but you cannot tell from the pics.

There is some rust on the car.

The interior is in good shape.

The car runs very strong.

The car could use a paint job but from the distance you can't tell.

I want to keep it ,

but i'll let it go for a firm $3500.

I want to buy an MSA body kit put on fiberglass bumpers, and repaint it. Then i

wanted to do a performance rebuild and put triple weber carbs from Top end performance.(zcarperformance.com)

This car is very restorable and is a blast to drive. I'm only about 3-4 hrs. away from austin and the car will have no problem driving over there.

I just got a new digital camera and can take more pics of the car now. If you want to know maybe i can take pictures of the rust i do know about, close ups of certain parts that i feel you may want to know about . If you decided you think you might want the car then i will make sure that I send you pics( via e-mail) that will let you see the condition of the car.

The pics i have posted now are at

http://www.geocities.com/fstr240z/homepage.html

my e-mail address is

fstr240z@excite.com

thanx,

Ernie H.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My car still runs and runs strong I just do not know what that sound is and no valve seat isbroken loose. (as said in the engine thread where I give a description of this prob.) Texas Z I might be selling both my cars together though for about $3000 obo. well less. Its that time again for tuition to be due in august, and I need to scrape up 5 grand.

I am not driving it though to school. Since I do not know if the problem will lead to any engine damage. I was driving it like this with no problems for 2 weeks. If I some how get to keep my 240Zs then I can just swap the cylinder head over from the parts car.

If someone buys them well they can do the same, but I have a receipt in the records of the previous owner replacing valve seals and stuff like that on the blue car.

Since the cam oiler was loose I think one of the valves just got stuck.

The noise has quieted now quite a bit.

Since the replacement of the cam oiler.

• 5 weeks later...

And the search goes on.

This is a rather time consuming, frustrating, and disappointing process. I know that it will all pay off in the end when I find the right one, but man I wish it would come along soon. :cry: