IGNORED

"Safety Not Guaranteed" -- a Z on Netflix

FastWoman

Could you haul 300 casse of Coors in a Z?

While it's amazing what you can fit into a Z (I recall carrying home a dishwasher in the early 80's), I don't think you could fit 300 cases of beer.... hmmmm.... unless you use a shrink ray! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone,

I just finished watching "Safety Not Guaranteed" on Netflix. It's about a guy who runs an ad searching for a time travel companion and the girl reporter who answers the ad to do a story about him. It's a quirky comedy drama romance that was quite a lot of fun to watch. (I gave it 5 stars.)

Watch Safety Not Guaranteed Online | Netflix

If you go to the above link, you'll see the familiar rooftop/windshield of the car the guy drives -- a 1977 Sunburst Yellow (411), non-ZZZAP decal'ed 2+2, not in the best of shape, but with a lot of spunk. I enjoyed the movie for reasons other than the car, but the car certainly added to my enjoyment. :D

The location was supposedly Washington. I wonder whose car that was. Did they do ZZZAP cars in 2+2?

A lot of spunk? LOL... read this... for the most part they had to rig up poles and push it around because they couldn't get it to start for much of the filming. :D

The engine sounds weren't sampled from a Datsun.

I had assumed someone transplanted a 350 under the hood.

Damn, I got the year wrong, and was otherwise taken in by Hollywood trickery! ;) What a hoot for the person who sold the Z -- to have a movie to remember the car by! LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Could you haul 300 casse of Coors in a Z?

While it's amazing what you can fit into a Z (I recall carrying home a dishwasher in the early 80's), I don't think you could fit 300 cases of beer.... hmmmm.... unless you use a shrink ray! :D

My grandpa used to haul hay in the one I'm working on. Can't remember how long it took to get all of it out LOL