IGNORED

"Safety Not Guaranteed" -- a Z on Netflix

FastWoman

Hi Everyone,

I just finished watching "Safety Not Guaranteed" on Netflix. It's about a guy who runs an ad searching for a time travel companion and the girl reporter who answers the ad to do a story about him. It's a quirky comedy drama romance that was quite a lot of fun to watch. (I gave it 5 stars.)

Watch Safety Not Guaranteed Online | Netflix

If you go to the above link, you'll see the familiar rooftop/windshield of the car the guy drives -- a 1977 Sunburst Yellow (411), non-ZZZAP decal'ed 2+2, not in the best of shape, but with a lot of spunk. I enjoyed the movie for reasons other than the car, but the car certainly added to my enjoyment. :D

The location was supposedly Washington. I wonder whose car that was. Did they do ZZZAP cars in 2+2?

Edited by FastWoman

Oh, come on... Didn't anyone watch it?

OK, I admit I expected the Z to be modified like the DeLorean in a misguided attempt to achieve the impossible, and when the co-star stole some part from a research laboratory, I thought, "Ah ha! That's going to be his flux capacitor!" It turns out the time machine was a boat, not a car. ;)

The thing about the Z was that it said something about the time traveler. The reporter was scoping out the "reply-to" PO box to ID the time traveler, she kept saying, "Oh, that has to be the one!" whenever any oddball person approached the boxes. Ultimately it was some guy pulling up in a yellow Z, giving him somewhat of a "cool factor." (Of course he was also nerdy and somewhat goofy/weird.) But was he crazy? I won't spoil it.

I like crazy people; I wouldn't want to be stuck in a broken elevator for three weeks waiting for them to fix it with a normal person. Since time travel is a major interest of mine I did try to watch it but I don't have netflix. Looks like you have to have an account with them to watch that. Sigh, another time travel plot I missed.

I remember going to this movie with my wife and kids (who are in their late teens/early twenties) last year. My kids thought it looked good. Then, when we first saw the 280z we all looked over at each other in the theater, chuckled and gave each other a thumbs up. We knew no matter how bad the movie was, we would like it because the director chose to include that 280z. We did enjoy the movie after all. Quirky is a good description of the movie!

It's a shame there isn't a movie where the hero or main character (or subordinate character- we don't care!) drives a Z for the most part of the story, like in the movie Smokey & the Bandit, and does a few interesting things besides jumping a house or crashing a fence. Maybe something like Bo & Luke Duke? :)

OTOH, the ZCON is coming in late summer, and it could be the perfect occasion for such a movie. I'll bet we have one or two Hollywood-connected people here.

It's a shame there isn't a movie where the hero or main character (or subordinate character- we don't care!) drives a Z for the most part of the story, like in the movie Smokey & the Bandit, and does a few interesting things besides jumping a house or crashing a fence. Maybe something like Bo & Luke Duke? :)

OTOH, the ZCON is coming in late summer, and it could be the perfect occasion for such a movie. I'll bet we have one or two Hollywood-connected people here.

I've never actually seen this one, but it might be the closest to what you want.

Wangan Midnight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's actually on Youtube:

Edited by kjohnson2444
To add the Youtube video