IGNORED

Fitting 240Z bumpers and Valences to a 280Z

EuroDat

20 hours ago, wheee! said:

It is a Canadian company selling in American dollars.... most businesses do that now to make extra profit... I would offer him less as he is now making 30% more than he did 6 months ago by selling at US prices and having Cdn costs.... my two cents anyways...

A while back he had their Canadian address on the site, but now it's mentioned nowhere. Might have removed it just the that reason.

I contacted them about two years back and a Tina replyed via e-mail. They seemed friendly and eager to please. Thats just going by the e-mail contact.

Still $250 US doesn't seem bad and they offer lots of options in colour combinations. White or gray housing plus white, grey or black rubber and the clear, smoked or amber lenses of course.

Back to my bumper bracket saga.

I made a mock-up of the towing bracket with the bumper support to see if my calculations we anywhere close. The angle on the bumper face is a little off. About 5degrees. Might be in my calculations. Yuo can see it in the left image where it touched the bumper. Im also looking at fitting a bracket to mount the horns. Its the vertical line just behind the center bolt.

Towing_BumperBracket_Mockup.jpg

Edited by EuroDat
extra info
  • Like 1

Sold... where can I send payment? :)

Seriously though, bundle these with a set of rear 240Z bumper mounting tabs for the 280 crowd and you will have a great product! I will be your first customer!

Edited by wheee!

I need some help guys,

I having trouble determining what the distance is between the two outer bolts (Studs) on the early 240Z bumpers and the ones from FutoFab. Im using a fibreglas bumper for now, but it has one long fits all kind of slot.

CanTechZ gave me the inner distance, but Im getting contradicting information on the internet (I shouldn't be surprised) about the distance between the inner and outer two bolts.

I made a sketch of what I miss.

Any help appreciated.

Edit: If someone has this info on the rear bumper, That would top it off nicly. Im also buzy with the rear brackets and have the same problem. Thanks

FrontBumper bolt location.pdf

Edited by EuroDat
Rear bumper
  • Like 1

Thanks Mike.

I came up with 836 with my calculations, but then I found two difeent sites stating 50mm between the bolts with 870mm ctr to ctr distance.

I startd doubting myself.... again.

If you could find time to measure the rear, I would realy appreciate it.

8 minutes ago, EuroDat said:

Thanks Mike.

I came up with 836 with my calculations, but then I found two difeent sites stating 50mm between the bolts with 870mm ctr to ctr distance.

I startd doubting myself.... again.

If you could find time to measure the rear, I would realy appreciate it.

You're welcome,  no problem getting you dims for the rear as well later today.  I work from home so this kind of stuff reminds me to take a break and stretch my legs.

• Like 1