IGNORED

Need Real Euro Taillights

72240Z

My 72 240z is leaving in about 2 weeks to go live with my brother in Norway for the forseeable future. I've spent the last 2 years getting it prepped for this, and thought we had found a way around Eroupean laws as an imported vehicle. Evidently that is allowed for show only and must have amber turn signals to be legal on the road.

I found at the beginning of this process somebody who was reproducing them, but cannot find the site now. I would prefer an original set but at this point I need something that will be legal.

Help!

Devin

Hi Devin,

Had my 71`240z registered in Norway last year, no comments on the taillights all. the car will be registered with the red turn signals as long as it was delivered with these in the country it was imported from.

I had to change my headlights to H4 lamps and blind the rear side marker/turnsignal thats all.

You will get no problems with the US taillights.

As far as I know, most countries in Western Europe allow the red turn indicator if the car was originally fitted with it and it entered the country with it.

I had to change the headlights to H4 and remove the parklight function from the front indicator and side light.

The parklight had to be wired into the headlight as you can see the extra cable to the headlight. To remove the parklight function from the indicator I just taped the connection on the bulb. That way I didnt need to cut to much wiring.

Chas

post-26512-14150822853002_thumb.jpg

post-26512-14150822853172_thumb.jpg

Devin, it's also worth noting that if you should get a set of tail lights with the amber blinker, you would also have to do some wiring changes, as the US cars with red lower sections used those sections as additional brake lights as well, and I doubt they'd like to sign off on amber brake lights. I'd definitely try hard to get them to approve the red lights like Terje did with my former car.

Hi again Devin,

Here`s what i did with my car prior to registration in Norway,

-Headlamps changed to A4 with parkinglights.

-Rewired front turnsignals so that they only works as turnsignals.

-Blinded the rear sidemarkers. (made blinders cut out of a mousepad to fit into the frames on the rear sidemarkers, then removed them shortly after registration)

The more original the car is, the better. Period correct accessories, like spoilers, wheels ...etc is no problems. If the car is modified you might run into difficulties, they will ask you to document the modifications.

Hi Topz.

Jeg er Devins bror som skal få min 240Z nå i mars. Det med hodelyktene viste jeg ikke om. Du referer til å ha byttet ut hodelyktene til A4/H4. Kan du gi mer opplysning om det slikt at jeg kan forsøke å skaffe dem. Dette viste jeg ikke om.

Hilsen,

Philip

Hi again Devin,

Here`s what i did with my car prior to registration in Norway,

-Headlamps changed to A4 with parkinglights.

-Rewired front turnsignals so that they only works as turnsignals.

-Blinded the rear sidemarkers. (made blinders cut out of a mousepad to fit into the frames on the rear sidemarkers, then removed them shortly after registration)

The more original the car is, the better. Period correct accessories, like spoilers, wheels ...etc is no problems. If the car is modified you might run into difficulties, they will ask you to document the modifications.

Hei Philip,

Jeg kjøpte 7" H4 lamper m/parklys hos Mekonomen, kostet ikke mye.

Hele lysombyggingen er enkel, hjelper deg gjerne.

Ser du bor i Oslo, ikke langt fra meg, ta gjerne kontakt når bilen kommer så kan jeg fortelle deg hva jeg gjorde i forkant

av visning hos BT.