What to do? - Page 2 - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

What to do?

Featured Replies

That looks like a neat solution you done there Chis :classic:

Chas, you're right about it being a poor design, I'm pretty sure it's the main reason these cars always rust out on the hatch deck.

That is 20ga sheet metal, same as most of the car. I almost used heavier gauge but realized I would probably blow holes

in the original metal. You know I think there is a product here that every Z owner could use, 2 one piece plastic channel pieces with self adhering waterproof glue that can be installed in 5 min. I'm not that guy but someone out there could make a few bucks and do a great service to the early Z world.

  • 2 weeks later...

This tip should be a SCHTICKY!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.