IGNORED

[2013] What did you do to/with your Z today?

Arne

Ordered a slew of parts for my rebuild...timing kit, clutch kit, oil pan gasket and rear main seal. Everything else in the engine bay was purchased new, the E88 head was machined, and there are all new gaskets everywhere. Pics will be up once she is back together, and running....possibly a 1st start-up video. I'm pumped for the spring to get here!

Went to the market. Got home and noticed a dime-sized shy of a paint chip on the driver side door. ARG...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59907[/ATTACH]

And that's why I like the door strips...

Some may not like the way they look, but from what I can see in the pic, it probably would have prevented the paint chip. .It's no sure thing though, some tall SUV and truck doors will hit above the strip.

Finally got my intake & exhaust manifolds mounted today.__I was tired today, really "off-my-game" and everything seemed to be difficult.__Kept dropping parts, smearing the gasket compund, dropping fasteners, mis-threaded an intake fastener (and had to chase the threads).

At least they are mounted on the engine. Just need to get some new fuel hose, mount the exhaust pipe and start her up. Hopefully, I don't have any leaks and won't have to do it again... :)

Decided to have a change of pace from the body work. Took the tranny apart, everything looked good inside, changed the gaskets and seals. Sandblasted all the body and painted with the High temp alum paint. Quite happy with how it turned out.

post-15138-14150822398533_thumb.jpg

post-15138-14150822399082_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
And that's why I like the door strips...

Some may not like the way they look, but from what I can see in the pic, it probably would have prevented the paint chip. .It's no sure thing though, some tall SUV and truck doors will hit above the strip.

i HAVE the door bumper strips installed. the chip is just above the door handle. I figured it out - the car is low enough that the lower arc on the rear door of an 90's Explorer will hit above the strip.

Additionally, i was driving down the highway and a guy in a 300C honked at me.... and gave the thumbs up!