IGNORED

[2013] What did you do to/with your Z today?

Arne

What a pleasure it was to drive my '70 Z around this past weekend. The car is more fun to drive than it was when I got it because the items that were affecting drivability have been fixed such as the master vac needing replacement and carb work. New turn signal relays (reversible mod) make turn signals work every time now. Nice sound from the engine at 4000 RPM, no risk of me floating a valve! Reminds me of when I had my '71 and how much I enjoyed that car. The two most fun cars I have ever owned.

I finished stripping the undercoating of the hood and painting it. It looks much nicer how, but the rubber seal over the radiator is marring the paint.

At least the engine area is much more clean and bright. If only polishing all that shiny stuff was easy to do.

Had a new windshield installed today. The fire cracked and destroyed the old one.

WOW, what a difference! I can actually see driving into the sun. The old one was about as pitted/sandblasted as a windshield could possibly be, even before the fire damage.

Best $250 I've ever spend on this machine. Wish I'd done it the day I brought her home!

Changed out the water pump (70 240Z) as the old one was leaking slightly. Used anti seize on new bolts and K&W copper coat gasket compound on both sides of gasket. Broke off long skinny bolt at top of water pump in block taking old pump out (rite of passage?) so didn't put that bolt back in. Read many old posts on dealing with the broken bolt. I think it is sticking out of the block but to be prepared I ordered left hand drill bits to drill out bolt. I screwed up and got titanium drill bits before I read an old post mentioning a better kind, cobalt? I will take the cover off and drill the broken off bolt out later.

Happy ending to this. Went for a nice drive with 70 degrees here and sunny. New pump does not leak even with missing bolt. Drove through nice new park they opened up not far from me.

Last Saturday late afternoon (5/25) in conjunction with the new Fast and Furious movie the local exotic car club called Cars 'N' Coffee had a car show. They had a street shut down for 3 hours to show their cars. I was invited to include mine. Lots of Lambos and Ferari's and Lotus's and others. I had the oldest car there, most of the exotics were only a couple of years old. They split the cars up, one side was all European and the other was American and Asian. Here are a couple of pictures of my car with the others in the for ground.

post-13827-1415082438386_thumb.jpg

It seemed like most of the people that owned the exotics were on the younger side compared to most of the car shows I go to.

post-13827-14150824382733_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150824383154_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150824383472_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Last Saturday late afternoon (5/25) in conjunction with the new Fast and Furious movie the local exotic car club called Cars 'N' Coffee had a car show. They had a street shut down for 3 hours to show their cars. I was invited to include mine. Lots of Lambos and Ferari's and Lotus's and others. I had the oldest car there, most of the exotics were only a couple of years old. They split the cars up, one side was all European and the other was American and Asian. Here are a couple of pictures of my car with the others in the for ground.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63665[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63666[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63667[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63668[/ATTACH]

It seemed like most of the people that owned the exotics were on the younger side compared to most of the car shows I go to.

Hmm I like the color of the car... and also the modifications... such a great work. Well these exotics are also looking very nice.. I guess on this meet both cars are together, latest models and the old models.

• 2 weeks later...