IGNORED

Buyer Beware

240260280z

There is a difference between "cheap" and "inexpensive". China today is quite capable of building the finest products in the world. The only question is - what does the Customer want to buy.

You really won't know if the pliers Toolway Industries purchased in China, are actually cheap or just inexpensive - until you have put them to the use you intended. If they hold up well and do the job you need done - they are just inexpensive. If they fail your use - they were cheap.

Likewise "cheap" steel from Canada is still "cheap" steel. All depends on what the Customer wishes to buy - and in turn what their Customers are willing to pay.

Let us know next year which they turned out to be..

FWIW,

Carl B

Yes, My Apple Mac Pro, iMac untra-light, iMac Portable, iPad and iPod were all made in China... wonderful products!

I can't believe people actually buy this stuff. It's usually only $1 less than the undiluted, but you're getting half as much!

I know, but you don't have to go through all that hassle of adding water.

The last time I bought antifreeze, the regular and diluted were exactly the same price. I tried explaining the elaborate concept of dilution to a guy that was going to buy the watered down stuff. He looked at me, puzzled, and reluctantly bought the same stuff that I was buying.

What was it that P.T. Barnum said?

If it says Canada it should be made in Canada. Yes I've got a nice small torque wrench made in china but that's not the point. Tried to get an electric alarm clock made in USA because the last 3 were made in China and all crapped out within a year. No luck. Guess we don't know how to make a clock anymore. Japan makes some good stuff, engineering equip. etc., so I checked the Japanese brands, but all made in China. Concerned about cheap-looking Japanese (brand) or US (brand) fuel pumps for the Datsun with their "global sourceing", so I'm getting one still made in USA (I hope).

The USA has laws for 'Country of Origin' labeling, don't know about Canada. I worked at a 'dollar type store' and would read labels. The oddest one was 'Dole Fruit Cups' which said 'fruit grown in USA, packaged in Viet Nam'. What? Ship fruit half way across the globe to be packaged? Read the labels, you will be surprised where lots of stuff comes from.

Bonzi Lon